Main Menu

Pokemon Sun and Moon

Started by Garage Trashcan, Nov 23, 2016, 06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garage Trashcan

Anyone else been playing?

For those that haven't kept up, the game's completely different from what you might remember in all the best ways.

For those that haven't, they've done a good job and implementing some of the better features over the years and combining/improving on them. It's also a step back from the relatively low difficulty of X&Y and the game is decently challenging again, in interesting ways to boot!
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

ladybug

Rowlet is precious and spins around happily when you pet it. :3

Oh right. There's a plot besides the petting feature.
SDM Sto Helit

When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - C. S. Lewis

Edge

Type:Null is not available until postgame.

Otherwise I'm about an hour in with much wandering around and backtracking to find Zygarde parts. Current team is Dartrix, Pikachu, Misdreavus, Trumbeak, Growlithe, Dewpider. Will probably drop Growlithe for Salandit if I can find a female one, and will definitely be swapping Misdreavus for Mimikyu because Mimikyu is best Pokemon. (Even if Misdreavus is adorable as hell and I kinda wish I could make a viable team that covered all bases with both of them.)
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

Garage Trashcan

I, too, was upset I couldn't get Type:Null until postgame.

It took me a little over an hour to track down a female Salandit. I just got Salazzle and she destroys, especially with a +SpAtk nature. Absolutely made of paper, though.

I just did the ghost trial last night, and let me tell you that it absolutely destroys. Even after halving it's speed with Mudsdale Salazzle was the only thing thing that could outspeed it (but would have done so without the debuffs, likely). It was one or two-shotting everything and the only way I was able to beat it was walling it with Mudsdale and using a couple of potions. Decidueye's Ghost-type Z-move didn't even get used because it would die before it could do anything. RIP.

I was concerned that the game would be even easier than X/Y, but woah, am I glad that I was wrong.

whangdoodle

Funny thing about that, X/Y from what I've heard from everyone is one of the easiest pokemon games but somehow has the hardest Nuzlock. However no, Sun and Moon for the first time since the game came out has a competent AI. I am annoyed to death that a trainer ACTUALLY had a pokemon whose entire purpose was to place "spikes" on the ground before pulling out a sweeper.

As for Salazzle, yeah the thing is the very definition of "Glass Cannon" probably even more then Alakazam.

Aside from that I am happy with my choice of starter, I decided to go with the good old 'ugly duckling' and now it is an awesome Seal/Siren/Mermaid that knows the Spirit Bomb. 

Edge

whangdoodle Avatar
Funny thing about that, X/Y from what I've heard from everyone is one of the easiest pokemon games but somehow has the hardest Nuzlock.
Probably because a lot of XY's new critters are really really fragile.

whangdoodle Avatar
However no, Sun and Moon for the first time since the game came out has a competent AI. I am annoyed to death that a trainer ACTUALLY had a pokemon whose entire purpose was to place "spikes" on the ground before pulling out a sweeper.

Sounds like they're taking cues from their competitive scene. Spikes/Toxic Spikes/Stealth Rock are a BIG part of competitive play.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.

ladybug

Yeah, was not expecting the Fire Totem Pokemon to pull out tactics.
SDM Sto Helit

When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - C. S. Lewis

whangdoodle

And finally beat it!

Also 2793-0621-3458.

Friendcode for Friendship is Rare.

Edge

4442-0003-8561

Trainer will show up in Festival Plaza as Xenthya.

tarriel

2852-8238-5680

Bask in my glow

ladybug

SDM Sto Helit

Garage Trashcan

Edge Avatar

whangdoodle Avatar
However no, Sun and Moon for the first time since the game came out has a competent AI. I am annoyed to death that a trainer ACTUALLY had a pokemon whose entire purpose was to place "spikes" on the ground before pulling out a sweeper.
Sounds like they're taking cues from their competitive scene. Spikes/Toxic Spikes/Stealth Rock are a BIG part of competitive play.
More Stealth Rock, than anything else, mainly because it's 1-turn setup and can deal Super Effective damage. Spikes is a longer setup and Toxic Spikes is even more rare, but I see it come up and use it myself (mainly on mono-poison teams).

Will add my FC in later.

And yeah, I know which trainer you're talking about, Whang. Guy's freaking Pinser nearly swept my entire team after that Swords Dance boost.

ladybug

Mareanie OP. Got a lucky trade for a Ditto and now have a small army of Mareanies for trade. It's awesome.
SDM Sto Helit

Garage Trashcan

ladybug Avatar
Mareanie OP. Got a lucky trade for a Ditto and now have a small army of Mareanies for trade. It's awesome.
Toxipex is completely insane. 50 HP / 152 Def / 142 SpDef, Regenerator, and a unique move that Protects and poisons on contact? I feel bad for the poor NPCs that have to fight the thing.

ladybug

Wow, I haven't even started training it yet. I just hatched about eight of the little guys and started camping GTS. Once I got the Ditto, it was time to pause the plot and start breeding.
SDM Sto Helit