Main Menu

Been a while

Started by morwen, Sep 30, 2021, 12:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

morwen

Apple usually disappoints me but it does save all your old bookmarks and password if you ask it to. So I was able to find this for after 5 years' time. I am a one time stalwart who has jumped in now and again. Now that everything is different in computer world than it was back in 2010-13 when I was on all the time, I am able to connect through Steam using the Beamdog version of NWN1. Last time I tried to get in (tonight) it said I was missing had files- Usually the game loads them in for you. Where will I find these?

Thank you

Wolfgar

Hello and wecome back!
If you are using steam version you only need to go to nwn steam workshop and find Cormyr and the Dalelands Persistent World Haks and I'd suggest getting optional Cormyr and the Dalelands Portraits and Voices as well. Steam will keep them updated for you as well (handy as there will be hak update today). Also if you played before the Enhanced Edition your characters will likely need to be moved over, Bella did that for me when I came back. If you use discord CD has discord server where you can ask questions and get response to possible troubleshooting pretty quickly... and it's also full of wonderful people.

thorien

Hello, nice to see you back! :)

Make sure you have subscribed to steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1613635157&searchtext=

and, optionally: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1616010205&searchtext=

Moreso, if you haven't already, you have to make a post here, so the characters from your original vault can be moved to the EE one: forums.cormyrdalelands.com/index.php?board=110

Welcome back Lazycat.

The Red Mage

Love you, Morwen.

morwen

love you all back - Steam has always been janky and it shows I'm subscribed to all the haks but since NWN Beamdog seems to have done an updo, they all disappeared, so I'll see if I need to just install them manually or what. I popped in a couple times and saw familiar faces.

Is my old character still on ice someplace? I'm using the same nick (lazycat1984)

Edge

All characters are still in the server archives yes. However, NWNEE uses a different filing system than NWN Original - character vaults are stored by CD Key, not by login ID. Thus you'll need to make a dummy character on your EE profile, then post a transfer request for your old characters to be moved to the new vault folder. There's a forum set up specifically for that.

Welcome back =)
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

morwen

How do I do all that? a dummy character on my...I am a dummy so that should be e z

Edge

Means just log in and make a character solely for the purpose of us finding your vault. It doesn't need to be a character you intend to keep playing, just something we can search for the name and find.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

morwen

As far as haks, Steam needs a virtual kick and how you do it is unsubscribe then resubscribe the haks and then the d/l starts up.  Well I thought that would work but turns out it was just a game patch

Arya

Wow! Been a while! Welcome back!

Best,
Arya

"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

morwen

I got all the haks from the dropbox link but it's still telling me 'Missing Required HAK file. Doesn't say which one like it used to.  

morwen

Good to see you are still around Arya. I lost track of you along the way.

If you move the Haks to the /documents folder and find the Neverwinter directory there and move the Haks into the Hak folder inside NWN directory, you shouldn't have an issue after that.

lakhena

I'm on a Mac, too and had recent issues with the files. If you still can't log in, give me a poke on discord and I can walk through some of the stuff I did, which included testing with the beamdog client to get steam working.