Main Menu

Interest Probe: Another CD Get Together, Summer 2016

Started by Arya, Jun 27, 2015, 08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arya

I know this has been done a few times, namely and especially in the 2008-2009 cycle of the server.  But before I try to take any steps on coordinating something for 2016, I need to know something.

Who would be interested in a gamer get together?

I have a few ideas in mind.  Anyone though with some interest can PM me and if there is enough interest, I can do some more brainstorming, idea bouncing with some folks, etc.  I know this is not something everyone can make. But this has been on my mind, even during my hectic IRL.

In this case, people would have to pay for transportation and likely help split the cost of a space and accommodations for the weekend, or something to that effect. 

Sincerely,
Arya

"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

Fire Wraith

I have done crazier things in my life. A lot depends on when and where specifically, but sure.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

TheGuyThatPlaysAsJames

I found out through crazy coincidence that I live surprisingly close to a few of the members here.

Like, I'm pretty sure I live 20 minutes away, at most, from Vincent. Providing he still lives where his profile says he lives, anyway.

Fire Wraith

I was vaguely planning on flying out that way sometime this fall, since I probably owe him a bunch of drinks anyway, actually.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

Goat

I've gone to them in the past and they are quite a bit of fun, but of course, a lot of it will deal with when and where!

onivel

Having a fam of 6... it would all depend on the where and when, but I am game. Hell I've met up with some old gaming friends in Ireland when I was there.... of course that was 10 years ago... Bella and Edge may recognize the names of the pair below. 

My wife is taking the pic... I am far right.. Grazluk (sp) is next to me and his brother Mr.Morningstar is to his left. The top of the head of the munchkin in the bottom right corner of the frame is my eldest Cecilia. On the far left is my wife's sister Tonya and a friend of ours, Lynn beside her. This was at a banquet dinner at Bunratty Castle just outside of Limerick.
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.