Main Menu

Unique Item - Seek and Ye shall find

Started by onivel, Nov 14, 2015, 05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dismus

I could but that defeats the purpose of what Oni wants.

onivel

It is in an existing chest...
Down side is.. If the server resets I need to replace the item.
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

onivel

So.. yeah... apparently i am a dumb ass and the loot chests work a little differently than I recalled. Used to be items remained until they were removed, then new loot would spawn in after the timer. Now.. if opened and the loot is not removed after so long, it will remove what was inside and generate new loot to replace what was within..... sooooo

Sorry about that folks... I have placed the item outside the container so that it is not subject to the fickle whims of the loot scripts. If you have been hunting stoney beardy places.. try them anew.
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

Nokteronoth

Seems the dungeon it's in is some weird key-only door after the first time it's hit, and won't be unlocked unless a DM gets it or there's a sever reset. I thought it was supposed to be that way. o.o

~BR

Deleted

You might not be thinking of the correct dungeon.

If you're talking about the fire giant/duergar place, the entire place is key-only.  Someone nearby drops the key.  :)  You may have been travelling with someone that has the key.

Nokteronoth

No. It was the Stormhorns Duergar, which Dismus had figured out earlier in the day. The door into the inner sections locks after a player touches it to be key-only unless a DM unlocks it. We've noticed it since we did it for the first time a few months back and thought it was supposed to be like that.

We got the Bloodhorn Spire key easily enough while doing that as a side-activity. (I think the fire giants are pretty fun, actually.)

~BR

onivel

Nokteronoth Avatar
No. It was the Stormhorns Duergar, which Dismus had figured out earlier in the day. The door into the inner sections locks after a player touches it to be key-only unless a DM unlocks it. We've noticed it since we did it for the first time a few months back and thought it was supposed to be like that.

We got the Bloodhorn Spire key easily enough while doing that as a side-activity. (I think the fire giants are pretty fun, actually.)

~BR
Never knew that was a fault in that dungeon.. we'll need Vince to take a look at it. probably a key that is supposed to drop that is not doing so. 

onivel

Alrighty.. so whoever got the item from the group that found it... shoot me a PM and we can chat about its particulars.