Main Menu

Inner Thoughts

Started by , Jan 09, 2014, 05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deleted

Once upon a time, on the old boards, someone suggested posting quotes that reflect your character's mindset and thoughts.  Quotes that describe your character are also fun.

Rhea:

Don Pedro: In faith, lady, you have a merry heart.
Beatrice: Yea, my lord, I thank it, poor fool, it keeps on the windy side of care.
~Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing

"Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence."
~George Washington

carp6

Wulgar:

FDR: "Speak softly but carry a big stick"

Sophia: Smash for control images, smash for control machine W.S.B  And I was younger then, and nothing has transpired, when I look in the mirror, I am dead, i am cold, I am blind. -M Gira Swans.

Neisha:  Shut up, just, shut up...   you...  had me at hello,   you had me at hello -Dorothy from Jerry McGuire

Not Batman

Two for my character, Elzevir.

"If Hitler invaded hell I would make at least a favourable reference to the devil in the House of Commons." -Winston Churchill-

"Destiny is a game, is it not?" -Kain, 'Legacy of Kain'-

dom101

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
― George Orwell

"Si vis pacem, para bellum- "If you wish for peace, prepare for war."
― Latin

Arya

Dae'atria:

"It's the slow knife, the knife that takes its time, the knife that waits years without forgetting, then slips quietly between bones." Talia/Miranda, Dark Knight Rises

"Some may call it a curse, a life like mine; but others, a blessing. It's certainly a lonely life, but a fulfilling one at best. It's my cross to bear...But I bear it gladly. Someone has to take a stand against evil, why should it not be me?" Within Temptation - Why Not Me

Taly'siana:

"The greatest excellence lies not in winning a thousand battles, but obtaining victory without ever fighting." Sun Tzu, the Art of War
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

morwen

Morwen's watchwords, via Yosemite Sam: "I speak LOUUUUDLY and carry BIGGER stick! And I use it, too!" *BANG*

Masque

For Raikel - If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. [Niccolo Machiavelli]

In fact pretty much the whole of the 'Prince' fits him.

daphne

Sheighley Flynn -

"Who's that girl barefootin' along?
Whistlin' and a-singin' she's a-carryin' on
Laughter in her eyes, dancin' in her feet
She's a neon-light diamond she can live on the street"

- The Grateful Dead

morwen

Don'tcha Let That Deal Go Down, Daph!

Morwen says: Light never battles darkness, so when you see a fight it is always between two dark forces. - Vernon Howard

realityjumper

Priya

"How are you getting drunk?"

"Vairy cairefully. Turian brandy, triple filtaired, then introduced into the suit through an emairgency induction port."

"That's a straw, Tali."

"Emairgency induction port... It's actually getting a little hairder to get it into the slot. I think that means it's wairking."

Also: " I'm having a drink with my boyfriend. My human boyfriend. Ha!" ~Tali

Tindra

'Curiouser and curiouser!' Cried Alice (she was so much surprised, that for the moment she quite forgot how to speak good English).

Hey ladies drop it down
Just want to see you touch the ground
Don't be shy girl go Bananza
Shake ya body like a belly dancer

"Death floats on the air, creeps through the window, comes with the handshake of a stranger. If we stop living because we fear death, then we have already died." ~ Raistlin Majere

Ogre Time Yay

Hydaro: (Max Payne)
Marcelo Branco: "Say Max, you're a man of the world. What do you fuckin' do with it?"
Max Payne: "about what?"
Marcelo Branco: "what do you do about life?"
Max Payne: "Look at me, I'm standing in a nightclub, listening to music I can't stand, I'm five thousand miles from home, I'm armed and I'm drinking. You don't want to listen to advice from me, amigo."

onivel

Zoey:

"Sorry.

Sorry means you feel the pulse of other people's pain as well as your own, and saying it means you take a share of it. And so it binds us together, makes us trodden and sodden as one another. Sorry is a lot of things. It's a hole refilled. A debt repaid. Sorry is the wake of misdeed. It's the crippling ripple of consequence. Sorry is sadness, just as knowing is sadness. Sorry is sometimes self-pity. But Sorry, really, is not about you. It's theirs to take or leave.

Sorry means you leave yourself open, to embrace or to ridicule or to revenge. Sorry is a question that begs forgiveness, because the metronome of a good heart won't settle until things are set right and true. Sorry doesn't take things back, but it pushes things forward. It bridges the gap. Sorry is a sacrament. It's an offering. A gift." -   Craig Silvey, Jasper Jones

Jaylithel:

"Redemption is something you have to fight for in a very personal, down-dirty way."  - Joss Whedon

Alton:

"Shiny. Let's be bad guys." - Jayne Cobb, Serenity

Cecilia aka Badhbh (Nancy - The Craft):

Driver: "Watch out for the weirdos, girls."

Nancy: "We are the weirdos, mister."

Geno:

"Stand back everyone, nothing here to see. Just imminent danger and in the middle of it me. Yes, Captain Hammer's here, hair blowing in the breeze. The day needs my saving expertise." - Captain Hammer

" The hammer is my penis" - Captain Hammer
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

SOC_Tessa

Nadia:

"Isn't this exciting? Are you excited, 'cause I'm excited, I've never been so excited-- well, except for the time that I saw you walking into town and I went [deep gasp] but I mean really, who can top that?"
-Pinkie Pie

Rin:

"Look, I ain't in this for your revolution, and I'm not in it for you, Princess. I expect to be well paid. I'm in it for the money."
-Han Solo

Jace:

"There's that word again. 'Heavy.' Why are things so heavy in the future? Is there a problem with the Earth's gravitational pull?"
-Emmett "Doc" Brown

tenorgeneral

Veir:

"What remains?" cried Ivanhoe; "Glory, maiden, glory! which gilds our sepulchre and embalms our name."
-Ivanhoe on what's left for valiant knights after they die.

"Chivalry!-why, maiden, she is the nurse of pure and high affection-the stay of the oppressed, the redresser of grievances, the curb of the power of the tyrant-Nobility were but an empty name without her, and liberty finds the best protection in her lance and her sword."
-Ivanhoe, again

Helge:
William Wallace: [looking at the trees] We'll make spears. Hundreds of them! Long spears, twice as long as a man.
Hamish: That long?
William Wallace: Aye.
Hamish: Some men are longer than others.
Campbell: Your mother been telling you stories about me again, eh?
-Braveheart

Merriwether Riordan:

Lt. Col. Sheppard: Best case scenario?
Dr. McKay: I win a Nobel Prize.
Lt. Col. Sheppard: Worst case scenario?
Dr. McKay: We tear a hole in the fabric of the universe. [Sheppard looks horrified] Which is much less likely to happen than the Nobel Prize.
-Stargate Atlantis