Main Menu

Pokemon GO

Started by Edge, Jul 23, 2016, 10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ladybug

I'm super excited for the new Pokemon games. This Johto place sounds neat.
SDM Sto Helit

When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - C. S. Lewis

Garage Trashcan

Meanwhile, all you old folks are probably thinking, "What in the FUCK is a FAIRY type?"
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

kothoses

Garage Trashcan Avatar
Meanwhile, all you old folks are probably thinking, "What in the FUCK is a FAIRY type?"
I mostly think

"What the fuck is this outside it keeps wanting me to go to?"

Edge

Or, for the really GenOneOnly players, Steel.

And Dark, in the case of some attacks; won't have any actual Dark-types until they start adding the Gen2 critters.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

Dismus

Edge Avatar
Or, for the really GenOneOnly players, Steel.

And Dark, in the case of some attacks; won't have any actual Dark-types until they start adding the Gen2 critters.

I only played Gen One before Pokemon Go and I was like wtf is this.

Edge

Look at this beauty I just hatched this morning.

LOOK AT HER
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.

Dismus

Deleted

Edge

I powered her up to 1860cp and she's holding a gym for me now. =D

ladybug

Bah. Perhaps when school starts, the kids will be too busy to kick mine out of the gym.

Who am I kidding? I'll be busier than they are.
SDM Sto Helit

When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - C. S. Lewis

Edge

Well.

Yesterday's update "fixed" the three-step glitch in the Nearby Pokemon window... by just removing the footsteps altogether.

Furthermore, after comments from Niantic's CEO about how he doesn't like apps that data-mine their content and how if they didn't have their hands full dealing with the game's glitches they'd be going after them... PokeVision has shut itself down.

So... there's nearly no way of actually tracking Pokemon down accurately now. Just wander blindly and hope you stumble onto something in the general area, or meander between points where you already know stuff always spawns. Good luck finding anything in areas you're unfamiliar with. Great.

Edge

Well, despite the frustrations with the mechanics and updates, which admittedly are better with this latest version, I'm still plugging away at this game from time to time. Here's my current up-to-date roster: