Main Menu

Spell Duration

Started by dagesh, May 26, 2014, 02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagesh

I know there are some spells that have had their duration altered.  I would like to suggest a few more since PnP doesn't quite translate over into NWN (fights are over MUCH faster and there are a LOT more of them).

Below are a few suggestions for changing spell duration from rounds to turns. I do not want to overpower or break anything yet some of these would certainly make spells more viable and less junky.

Expeditious Retreat
Druth's Necrotic Shield
Elemental Shield
Displacement

Vincent07

I changed Displacement a few updates ago, so there's more of a reason to use it.

The others I'll certainly consider, though I'm a bit leery of extending duration on damage shields.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

The Red Mage

They can already be extended for very long times at appropriate levels.

dagesh

They're all rounds/level (i.e. 6 seconds/level).  A level 30 caster extending the above spells will have them for 360 seconds, 6 Minutes.  Define very long.

The Red Mage

Long enough to be effective for most entire spawns or boss encounters where you would need or want them.

dagesh

I often use Expeditious Retreat against bosses :P

I'd agree possibly if there weren't almost matching spells with much longer durations.

Balkoth

What do you see as matching Elemental Shield with a longer duration?  Mestil's Acid Sheath is also rounds/level, no?  And Death Armor is very weak.

dagesh

I was looking at it from the perspective of immunity but I think you guys are right, that duration is fitting for elemental shield.