Main Menu

Races ?

Started by Ebola Lola, Dec 14, 2013, 03:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebola Lola

Ok so Im sure there is a list of ALL the races allowed on CD but finding said list isn't easy. So what I'm asking is that some one makes a list of all the a allowed Races. Meaning  Non App ones along with all the Templates that stay under the ECL cap for the server... I know Im not the only one that doesn't know all the FR3.5 lore/rules/races ect. It would just be very helpful for a guide on races and what not for people to use.  Its up to the maker of this guide if they want to add the info on the templates or not. It would just be nice to know what there is to pick from. I myself HATE playing run of the mill characters, If I wanted normal I wouldn't be playing NwN in the first place lol. 

If there is no one interested in making this guide.. Then I ask that one of the admins with the correct books that they pull their info from to please send me them and I will make the guide. As long as I have the right information I have no problem trying to do this on my own.  I just need the tools to do so seeing as I do not know what strictly is being used and not used.

XoXo
Lola

Vincent07

There is a temp list in the Custom Content sub-forum under Announcements.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

Edge

If it's okay with the staff, I could probably take some time to go through all the setting-neutral 3.5 books I have and come up with a quick list of races presented there. Especially things like the "Races of" books that tuck a few short-description races away after the longer elaborations on the core races provided within. I know we already have a handful of selections from these races (two of which are admittedly my own - Kestal is Dragonborn from Races of the Dragon, Shezzarin is Killoren from Races of the Wild; plus I know we've had a Whisper Gnome in the past, and maybe one or two more of those options).

My FR lore library is much, much smaller so someone else will have to complete that list, though I can submit what I can find from what I do have.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

Vincent07

Ideally I would like to list out the templates we use of the official Races. (ie: those we have full support for), as well as those we have allowed or some how set up. (ie: the various fey, dragonborn, etc)
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

Edge

I can do that.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.

Vincent07

By all means go for it then.  Saves me some time.

Ebola Lola

Woot ! Im so glad some one picked up on this. I have no idea what races are non app and what is. I swear i saw something that said you need an app for ecl +2 but not +1 but then i could never find it. But who knows whats +1 and whats +2. *sighs*

Edge

Common Planetouched

By "Common" here I mean the standard core plus the Genasi. Uncommon Planetouched are any beyond this list, and will be listed separately. All of these are already fully supported, with racial feats coded into our haks.

Tiefling

Tieflings are humanoids with fiendish ancestry.

Type changes to Outsider (Native). Immune to dismissal and banishment.
+2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma.
Medium size.

Skin additions:
Racial Skills: Tieflings have a +2 racial bonus on Bluff and Hide checks.
Special Qualities: Resistance to cold 5, electricity 5, and fire 5.

Feat additions:
Gains Darkvision.
Racial spell: darkness 1/day.

Automatic Languages: Common and Infernal or Abyssal.
Level adjustment +1.

----

Aasimar

Aasimars are humanoids with celestial ancestry.

+2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma.
Medium size.

Skin additions:
Racial Skills: Aasimars have a +2 racial bonus on Spot and Listen checks.
Special Qualities: Resistance to acid 5, cold 5, and electricity 5.

Feat additions
Gains Darkvision.
Racial spell: light 1/day

Automatic Languages: Common, Celestial.
Level adjustment +1.

----

Genasi

Genasi are humanoids with elemental ancestry.

Fire Genasi

+2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma
Medium Size.

Skin additions:
Resist fire 5.

Feat additions:
Darkvision.
Racial Spell: combust 1/day

Level Adjustment +1

----

Earth Genasi

+2 Strength, +2 Constitution, -2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma.
Medium Size.

Skin additions:
Resist acid 5.

Feat additions:
Darkvision.
Racial spell: earthskin (functions as barkskin) 1/day.

Level Adjustment +1

----

Water Genasi

+2 Constitution, -2 Charisma
Water Genasi can breathe water.

Skin additions:
Resist cold 5.

Feat additions:
Darkvision.
Racial spell: melf's acid arrow 1/day

Level Adjustment +1

----

Air Genasi

+2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, -2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma
Air Genasi do not breathe, and are immune to drowning as well as spells that require breathing (such as stinking cloud)

Skin additions:
Resist electricity 5.

Feat additions:
Darkvision.
Racial spell: gedlee's electric loop 1/day

Level Adjustment +1

Edge

Ebola Lola Avatar
Woot ! Im so glad some one picked up on this. I have no idea what races are non app and what is. I swear i saw something that said you need an app for ecl +2 but not +1 but then i could never find it. But who knows whats +1 and whats +2. *sighs*
You need an app for everything that is not a core race minus Half-Orc. So Human, Half-Elf, Elf, Dwarf, Halfling, or Gnome. Anything else requires an App.

Though I do recall we were considering letting up on the Half-Orc restriction with the addition of the Undercity, I don't recall if it went through. It's been a while.

Ebola Lola

Oh ok thank you Edge :) I wasn't sure. I guess Ill just stick to a normal elf :)

Edge

Variant Races

These are the variants of the core races that require separate application.

----

Drow

Drow are subterranean-dwelling black-skinned elves with a strong cultural bent towards chaos and evil.

These traits are in addition to the standard elf traits, except where noted.

+2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma.

Skin additions:
Spell resistance equal to 11 + class levels.
+2 racial bonus on Will saves against spells and spell-like abilities.

Feat additions:
Darkvision. This trait replaces the high elf's low-light vision.
Spell-Like Abilities: Drow can use the following spell-like abilities once per day: flare, darkness, faerie fire.
Light Blindness: Abrupt exposure to bright light (such as sunlight or a light spell) blinds drow for 1 round. On subsequent rounds, they are dazzled as long as they remain in the affected area.

Automatic Languages: Common, Elven, Undercommon.This trait replaces the high elf's automatic and bonus languages.

Level adjustment +2.

----

Aquatic Elves

Aquatic elves, or sea elves, are ocean-dwelling semi-amphibious cousins to land-dwelling elves.

+2 Dexterity, -2 Intelligence. These adjustments replace the standard elf's ability score adjustments.
Gills: Aquatic elves can survive out of the water for 1 hour per point of Constitution. They can breathe water.

----

Avariel

Avariel, or winged elves, are sky-faring, cliff-dwelling cousins of landbound elves.

These traits are in stead of the standard elf traits, except where noted.

+4 Dexterity, -2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom. These adjustments replace the standard elf's ability score adjustments.
Avariel have wings and can fly.

Level Adjustment: +2

----

Star Elf

Star Elves are reclusive extraplanar elves from a secluded extradimensional pocket-plane.

-2 CON, +2 CHA.
Type: Humanoid (extraplanar) [Yes is implemented]

Otherworldly Touch: Between sunset and sunrise a star elf confers the ghost touch ability on any melee weapon she wields and any armor she wears, but only so long as she keeps the weapon in hand or wears the armor. Star elves have a magical affinity for starlight that gives them an unusual edge in fighting extradimionsional foes. (RP ability only)

Extraplanar: Star elves are not outsiders, but they are not native to Faerun. Spells and effects that target extraplanar creatures affect star elves. Banishment, dismissal, and similar effects that banish outsiders return a star elf to Sildeyuir (rped unless it can be scripted) [Is Functional!]

----

Duergar

Duergar are militaristic subterranean dwarves with a strong cultural bent towards evil and tyrannical order.

These traits are in addition to the standard dwarf traits, except where noted.

-4 Charisma instead of -2.
Light Sensitivity: Duergar are dazzled in bright sunlight or within the radius of a light spell.

Skin additions:
Immunity to paralysis and phantasms (phantasmal killer and weird)
   +2 racial bonus on saves against spells and spell-like abilities.
+4 racial bonus on Move Silently checks.
+1 racial bonus on Listen and Spot checks.

Feat additions:
Spell-Like Abilities: 1/day—invisibility, self only, at double the character's level.

Automatic Languages: Common, Dwarven, Undercommon. This trait replaces the hill dwarf's automatic and bonus languages.

Level adjustment +2

----

Svirfneblin

Svirfneblin, or deep gnomes, are reclusive subterranean cousins of the surface gnomes.

These traits are in addition to the standard gnome traits, except where noted.

-2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, -4 Charisma. These adjustments replace the rock gnome's ability score adjustments.
Automatic nondetection, as per the spell.
Light Sensitivity: Svirfneblin are dazzled in bright sunlight or within the radius of a light spell.

Skin additions:
Spell resistance equal to 11 + class levels.
   +2 racial bonus on all saving throws. This trait replaces the rock gnome's racial bonus on saving throws against illusions.

Feat additions:
Darkvision and low-light vision.
   Automatic Languages: Undercommon, Gnome, Common. This trait replaces the rock gnome's automatic and bonus languages.

Level adjustment +3.

----

Ghostwise Halflings

Ghostwise are reclusive, nomadic halflings with limited telepathic ability, dwelling in hidden locales in deep forests, and the rarest of their kin.

These traits are in addition to the standard halfling traits, except where noted.

+2 racial bonus to Move Silently checks
Speak without Sound: ability to communicate telepathically with any creature within 20' just as if speaking with him or her.  They must share a common language or the link is broken (RP ability)
+2 morale bonus to saving throws versus fear
+1 racial bonus with a thrown weapon
+2 racial bonus to Listen checks

Edge

Half-Breed Races

These are race templates that can be applied to any base race. Do note if the base race has an ECL, it stacks with the ECL of the template. It also makes a more exotic character that may be more difficult to pass muster and be accepted by the staff.

As these are templates and not base races, all of their racial qualities are in addition to the qualities of the base race unless stated otherwise.

Half-Breed races are banned from the Dragon Disciple class.

----

Half-Dragon

Half-Dragons come in many different varieties based on the coloration of the draconic parent. C/D supports all five core metallic and all five core chromatic dragon types, as well as Half-Shadow Dragons. (The list is the same as the Dragon Disciple list.)

Str +8, Con +2, Int +2, Cha +2
The creature's type changes to dragon.
A half-dragon has wings and can fly.

Skin adjustments:
Armor Class: Natural armor improves by +4.
Claws: Half-Dragons will receive a pair of "claw" gloves that allow them to deal unarmed slashing damage based on their size. (1d4 for Medium half-dragons, 1d3 for Small.)
Immune to sleep and paralysis.
Immune to the element of its dragon parent:
> Black, Green, Copper: acid
> Blue, Bronze: electricity
> White, Silver: cold
> Red, Brass, Gold: fire
> Shadow: negative energy

Feat adjustments:
Darkvision and Low-Light vision.
Breath weapon: A half-dragon gains a breath weapon based on its dragon type (see above), usable once per day.

Level Adjustment: +3.

----

Half-Fiend

Most half-fiends share the same statistics regardless of which fiend(s) provided their heritage. Variant half-fiend statistics must be approved on a case-by-case basis. Only the basic core half-fiend will be detailed here.

Str +4, Dex +4, Con +2, Int +4, Cha +2
The creature's type changes to outsider.
A half-fiend has wings and can fly.

Skin adjustments:
Natural armor improves by +1.
Claws: Half-Fiends will receive a pair of "claw" gloves that allow them to deal unarmed slashing damage based on their size. (1d4 for Medium half-fiends, 1d3 for Small.)
Immunity to poison.
Resistance to acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10, and fire 10.
Damage reduction: 5/magic (if HD 11 or less) or 10/magic (if HD 12 or more).
Spell resistance equal to creature's HD + 10 (maximum 35).

Feat adjustments:
Darkvision.
Spell-Like Abilities: Half-Fiends gain an array of spell-like abilities as they gain levels (not counting ECL). (1/day unless specified otherwise)
1 - Darkness 3/day
7 - Poison 3/day
9 - Contagion
11 - Blasphemy
13 - Unholy aura 3/day, unhallow (RP ability only)
15 - Horrid wilting
17 - Summon monster IX
19 - Destruction

Level Adjustment: +4.

----

Half-Celestial

Most half-celestials share the same statistics regardless of which celestial(s) provided their heritage. Variant half-celestial statistics must be approved on a case-by-case basis. Only the basic core half-celestial will be detailed here.

Str +4, Dex +2, Con +4, Int +2, Wis +4, Cha +4
The creature's type changes to outsider.
A half-celestial has wings and can fly.

Skin additions:
Natural armor improves by +1.
Immunity to disease.
Resistance to acid 10, cold 10, and electricity 10.
Damage reduction: 5/magic (if HD 11 or less) or 10/magic (if HD 12 or more).
Spell resistance equal to creature's HD + 10 (maximum 35).
+4 racial bonus on Fortitude saves against poison.

Feat additions:
Darkvision.
Half-celestials can use a light effect (as the spell) at will.
Spell-like abilities: Half-Celestials gain an array of spell-like abilities as they gain levels (not counting ECL). (1/day unless specified otherwise)
1 - Protection from evil 3/day, bless
3 - Aid, detect evil
5 - Cure serious wounds, neutralize poison
7 - Holy smite, remove disease
11 - Holy word
13 - Holy aura 3/day, hallow (RP ability only)
17 - Summon monster IX (celestials only)
19 - Resurrection

Level Adjustment: +4.

Edge

(placeholder for Vampire, Dhampir, and Necropolitan)

Edge

(placeholder for lycanthropes)

Edge

That covers all the races that are currently supported by in-game scripting and feats already implemented in our haks. Races beyond this point will be races that may be available - due to being published in official Wizards 3rd/3.5 edition products - but are not currently supported by any intrinsic scripts, coding, or hak implementation. Players interested in playing one of these races, or an unlisted race, might want to keep in mind that NWN may not have anything that properly implements some of the racial traits of the creatures in question, and thus such abilities and traits may have to be omitted, or replaced by a kludge/approximation that is available in the game's engine as-is.