Main Menu

Races ?

Started by Ebola Lola, Dec 14, 2013, 03:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edge

Races of Faerun/Underdark

Fey'Ri

Fey'Ri, or daemonfae, are a specific breed of Half-Fiend elf, created by a vengeful and secretive elven exile society. There are a very small, very limited number that breed true, creating a specialized and exalted caste in their hidden home.

These traits are in addition to the standard elf traits, except where noted.

+2 Dex, +2 Int, -2 Con. These adjustments replace the standard elf's racial scores.
Fey'Ri are native outsiders.
Fey'Ri have wings and can fly.
Alter self: Fey'Ri can use alter self at will, with an indefinite duration.
Spell-like abilities: Fey'Ri have a choice of four of the following abilities:
> charm person 1/day
> darkness 1/day
> clairaudience/clairvoyance 1/day
> Damage Reduction 10/magic *
> detect thoughts 1/day
> dimension door 1/day *
> enervation 1/day *
> Fire resist 10
> suggestion 1/day (RP ability only)
> +2 saves vs Electricity
> +2 saves vs Poison
A Fey'Ri can only have one ability with an *asterisk by it.

Skin additions:
+2 racial bonus on Bluff and Hide checks.

Feat additions:
Darkvision.

Level adjustment: +2.

----

Shade

The Shades are remnants of the ancient empire of Netheril, one of whose surviving cities traveled into the Shadow Plane. In that time, its rulers have infused some of its citizens with the essence of that dark realm. Most Shades are enhanced Humans.

These adjustments are in addition to the traits of the base race.

+2 Con, +2 Cha
Increased Speed (+20 ft, +15 ft in armor; may be represented by Barbarian Speed?)

Skin additions:
+4 AC
+4 bonus to all saves
+4 Listen, Spot; +8 Hide, Move Silently
Regen 2
Spell resistance equal to 11 + character level.

Feat additions:
Darkvision.

Other additions:
Invisibility - at will.
Shadow Image - as mirror image, 3/day, creates 1d4 +1/3 levels mirror images of the Shade. (RP ability)
Control Light - can increase or decrease the volume of light in the area at will. (May function as light and/or darkness?)
Shadow Stride - as dimension door, once every 2 rounds.
Shadow Travel - 1/day at 12th level or higher, a Shade may use teleport without error to reach a shadowy location on the same world or plane shift to enter the Shadow Plane.

Level Adjustment: +4.

----

Yuan-Ti (Pureblood)

Purebloods are the most human-looking of the serpentine Yuan-Ti, with innate camouflage that allows them to blend in among the mammalian races. They work at the behest of their more warped kin, infiltrating humanoid societies and enacting their plots alongside those of their masters.

+2 Dex, +2 Int, +2 Cha.
Yuan-Ti are Monstrous Humanoids.

Skin additions:
+1 AC
Spell resistance equal to 11 + character level.
+5 Disguise racial bonus to impersonate a Human

Feat additions:
Darkvision.
Bonus Feats: Yuan-Ti Purebloods gain Alterness and Blind-Fight as racial bonus feats.

Other additions:
Spell-like abilities: 1/day - animal trance (RP only), cause fear, charm person, darkness, entangle, neutralize poison, suggestion (RP only), At will - detect poison (RP ability), aversion (fear effect from snakes and Yuan-Ti, RP ability)
Alternate Form - A Yuan-Ti can transform into a Tiny to Large viper as per polymorph self.

Level Adjustment: +2.

----

Deep Imaskari

Deep Imaskari are degenerate humans descended from the lost Imaskar empire.

+2 Int, -2 Dex

Skin additions:
+4 Hide

Feat additions:
Low-Light Vision

----

Gloamings

Gloamings are small, winged Shadow planetouched native to extreme parts of the Underdark.

-2 Str, +2 Dex, -2 Wis, +2 Cha
Gloamings are native Outsiders.
Small size
Gloamings have wings and can fly.
Light Blindness

Feat additions:
Low-Light Vision.
Gloamings cast illusion (shadow) spells at +1 Caster Level. (May be duplicated by Gnome Magic trait?)

Other additions:
Luminescence: Gloamings can cause their skin to glow, providing illumination equal to a torch. (light at will?)
Portal Sensitive: Bonus feat (RP ability)

Level adjustment: +2.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

Torch

Edge Avatar
Variant Races

Star Elf

Star Elves are reclusive extraplanar elves from a secluded extradimensional pocket-plane.

These traits are in addition to the standard elf traits, except where noted.

-2 CON, +2 CHA.
Type: Humanoid (extraplanar) [Unsure if implemented]

Otherworldly Touch: Between sunset and sunrise a star elf confers the ghost touch ability on any melee weapon she wields and any armor she wears, but only so long as she keeps the weapon in hand or wears the armor. Star elves have a magical affinity for starlight that gives them an unusual edge in fighting extradimionsional foes. (RP ability only)

Extraplanar: Star elves are not outsiders, but they are not native to Faerun. Spells and effects that target extraplanar creatures affect star elves. Banishment, dismissal, and similar effects that banish outsiders return a star elf to Sildeyuir (rped unless it can be scripted) [Unsure if implemented]

((Oh it's implemented Edge!  Aniváro has to be very careful not to banish Mirage back to Sildeyuir when they are in the midst of battle!  Many a times, Aniváro had to tell other clerics in battles with them to avoid those spells.  However, there are times where Ani has casted 'anchor' upon Mirage in hopes that will help if a banishment spell is cast by accident.))

Vincent07

Side note:  House rule, Fey'ri are ECL 2 no matter what SLAs are chosen.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

Edge

Yeah I saw that and fixed it.

: Thanks! Noted as such in the original post.

I'll get started on the "Races of" series probably tonight or tomorrow night, probably starting with Races of Destiny.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

morwen

We have more than one Star Elf out there.

modronlove

Sorry if this is a bit of thread necromancy, but is there a list of allowable fae templates somewhere?  

Ebola Lola

nope.... its all a guessing game.... I tried to get a Race section going for people that do not know everything about the setting but it seems to have flopped sadly. Sorry

The Red Mage

You can commonly google "_____ racial template 3.5" and get a hit.

Deleted

Ebola, the race thing will never be comprehensive due to the sheer number of templates that are available.

Modron, there are the standard half-fey and feytouched (which you can find with google, as RM suggested).  Fully Fey creatures can be found in the various Monster Manuals, and templates created from those.

modronlove

Thanks guys!  I must have been on crack on my initial search because I didn't find much of anything.   Searched again and found almost exactly what I think I want. The internet fae are a capricious lot...

daphne

Would it be helpful to take the meat if this and post it with. Sticky somewhere in the player resources section?

onivel

There have been a handful of pixie PCs. A brownie. I believe we have had a half pixie and a half-nymph. not sure of any other fey types, but those have been made so we do have a template that was determined for them.
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

Vincent07

I'll add all this into a resource thread when I'm not busy being doped up on painkillers.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

The Red Mage

Vincent07 Avatar
I'll add all this into a resource thread when I'm not busy being doped up on painkillers.

Inc sticky in 2035.

Vincent07