Main Menu

Clothing?

Started by Ebola Lola, Jan 24, 2014, 11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebola Lola

I was just thinking it would be nice to have more clothing added to the tailoring models. I have no idea about any of that stuff but just thought I would throw it out there. I know I love to make clothing for my own Girls and I like making clothing for other players but there isnt much to pick from with out making look a likes for everyone :(.

Vincent07

While I have a few parts being added with the upcoming haks, it is not much.  Honestly, most of what I find out there is female only, and more appropriate to a social server, so I do not plan to take the time to pull it out of the haks I find it in and add it to CD.

IF some decent suggestions were made I might consider doing so in a subsequent update.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

Ebola Lola

Oh okay..Yea I know there is a lot more "social" server.. Ill take a look around see if i can find anything. But your right there isn't much out there.

Miuo

Hmm, if someone else pulled the parts out and submitted them?

Vincent07

If you provide me screens of what they looks like, sure.  

Please avoid robes, as adding them into our animation system requires a fair bit of work and renaming that I would like to avoid.

"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

Arya

There are actually a nice number of non-social-y items found in some of the social server haks.  However, like already noted, they'd need pulled out and to be compatible with CD.  I know that men are especially in dire need of new clothes.

Sincerely,
Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

morwen

I would like to add my vote for more clothing choices. Male and female...and I made a dwarf and she had very little to choose from

The Red Mage

Try making an older lady look nonskanky with the female clothing available. It's difficult.

morwen

Or a younger lady

Garage Trashcan

Try making a male character.

Though I am entirely reassured that if my character needs a variety of nipple piercings and tribal tattoos on their tits, I'll know where to look.
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

Fire Wraith

Here's a better one:

Try convincing modelers to make the models you're asking for, for NWN.

This is why we don't have/haven't added/etc many models of the sorts people note the absence of.  It's not because we have some fixation on certain options, it's because most of the existing model variety skews a certain way - that, and we don't believe it necessary to restrict certain race/gender/concept/etc options simply because they don't exist for others, or are more limited in those aspects.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

Kymus

Fire Wraith Avatar
 It's not because we have some fixation on certain options, it's because most of the existing model variety skews a certain way
I dunno FW.... don't you and Vincent play female PC's? I smell a conspiracy :P

Vincent07

Little known fact, I actually have male PCs.  They just get lost in the small army of alts that occupy my vault.

But Fire's point stands.  Lack of clothing is more due to lack of options out there more than anything else.

There's also the little annoyance of things being jumbled into massive compilation packs (Like CEP), where removing them is more trouble than it's worth.  

And before it comes up, no we will not ever add in the entire CEP to CD. We couldn't at this point even if we wanted to, too much would break.

Fire Wraith

Likewise one of my three semi-active PCs is male.  You just mostly see Eve and her twin Lilith, since I haven't found a lot for Adaric Crowley, Esquire, to do of late. :)
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

Colin Mack

Got to admit i would love for some of the shoes on the more social servers to be added some of the heels are just amazing in animation not sure how much work it would take though.