Main Menu

Evil Deity Books

Started by ladybug, Apr 19, 2017, 04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ladybug

There are a lot of books readily available on the server for Good and Neutral gods that cover their lore and dogma (Book of Tyr, Torm, Mystra, etc.), but there's a surprising lack of the same for evil deities. As someone who is admittedly less familiar with some of the finer points of 3.5 lore and struggles sometime, I find these books very helpful for remembering how my cleric of [insert god here] should be played without having to tab out of game.

Would it be possible to add in similar options for more evil deities as an in-game resource for players? Even if it's only through a shady vendor rather than freely dropped in loot, I would definitely appreciate it. =)
SDM Sto Helit

When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - C. S. Lewis

FaeFae

Kossuth books are also non-existent.

If you're wishing to read about Kossuth, there is a vendor in Arabel - Central during some hours of the day that will hand out lore tidbits for free.

Mystic Warden

The reason there are no books about Kossuth is that they all come with the instruction: burn after read.
Sindel Sinul, witch, herbswoman and tarot reader extraordinaire with a strong business sense
Diana Castelli, cute bookworm, arcane nerd, with the 'Weapon focus: book' feat
Vicky DeVille, daddy's princess, conjuring up some trouble
Melinda Moon, merc with a mouth and two tonfa-hilted short swords

allatum

Mystic Warden Avatar
The reason there are no books about Kossuth is that they all come with the instruction: burn after read.

Mystic Warden

ladybug Avatar
There are a lot of books readily available on the server for Good and Neutral gods that cover their lore and dogma (Book of Tyr, Torm, Mystra, etc.), but there's a surprising lack of the same for evil deities. As someone who is admittedly less familiar with some of the finer points of 3.5 lore and struggles sometime, I find these books very helpful for remembering how my cleric of [insert god here] should be played without having to tab out of game.

Would it be possible to add in similar options for more evil deities as an in-game resource for players? Even if it's only through a shady vendor rather than freely dropped in loot, I would definitely appreciate it. =)

But to put this thread back on rail: +1 that above!
Sindel Sinul, witch, herbswoman and tarot reader extraordinaire with a strong business sense
Diana Castelli, cute bookworm, arcane nerd, with the 'Weapon focus: book' feat
Vicky DeVille, daddy's princess, conjuring up some trouble
Melinda Moon, merc with a mouth and two tonfa-hilted short swords

Arya

I like this idea. And I had always wondered why I did not see such things in the loot tables before.

Some considerations for applying it would be...

1. Having it in general loot still as well as sold by shady vendors (like in Schindylryn, and other less-nice corners), as these books are still likely scattered about in places where adventurers like to go kill things. In fact, they are HIGHLY likely to be found in these places with mostly evil monsters in the module!

2. Have only shady vendors willing to buy the books, of course. Whether this would be at an equal price or a greater price (like traps) is up to the admins' discretion. I sort of see most of the evil powers other than the most evil of evil (e.g., Cyric, Shar, etc) would at least have a legally-okayed shrine or two even in a lawful-good country for minimal appeasement of certain deities (Umberlee and Beshaba, among others). Just due to the nature of how Faerunian polytheism works.

It appears that there is a high demand from the playerbase, so it needs done by the eager hands willing to work on this project!

Sincerely,
Arya

Postscript: Other than preparing for the end-of-program, I will be VERY ready for helping with server projects this summer, if there is a need for volunteers!
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow