Main Menu

RIP Robin Williams

Started by Arya, Aug 11, 2014, 07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arya

"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

Valimar Dragonbane

RJ and I heard about this on the 6 o'clock news - I was absolutely stunned.  Absolutely gifted actor and comedian, I'll miss his antics.
Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett

Adventure is just bad planning. - Roald Amundsen

Colin Mack

Was a very funny man i can remember being very young and seeing him on Mork and Mindy. It's so very sad. I am sure we will all miss him.

daphne

I loved most everything he did, from Good Morning Vietnam to Aladdin.  This makes me sad.

Darvins

Yeah hearing that today was a 'WTF' moment, sad to hear, and he'll be missed. We practically grew up in my house on Dead Poets society (since you know a English Teacher for a dad)) well no that is an exaggeration but when we where in our teenage years we did.

onivel

I've pretty much seen everything he has done from old reruns of Mork & Mindy through to the Crazy Ones. My dad fancies himself a commodian (not misspelled) and would often try to immitate him.

Ironically, it is his serious role in What Dreams May Come that sticks out to me the most.

He truly will be missed. A bright light burnt out far too soon.
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

Deleted

I feel this is appropriate:

O Captain! my Captain! our fearful trip is done,

The ship has weather'd every rack, the prize we sought is won,

The port is near, the bells I hear, the people all exulting,

While follow eyes the steady keel, the vessel grim and daring;

But O heart! heart! heart!

O the bleeding drops of red,

Where on the deck my Captain lies,

Fallen cold and dead.

O Captain! my Captain! rise up and hear the bells;

Rise up—for you the flag is flung—for you the bugle trills,

For you bouquets and ribbon'd wreaths—for you the shores a-crowding,

For you they call, the swaying mass, their eager faces turning;

Here Captain! dear father!

This arm beneath your head!

It is some dream that on the deck,

You've fallen cold and dead.

My Captain does not answer, his lips are pale and still,

My father does not feel my arm, he has no pulse nor will,

The ship is anchor'd safe and sound, its voyage closed and done,

From fearful trip the victor ship comes in with object won;

Exult O shores, and ring O bells!

But I with mournful tread,

Walk the deck my Captain lies,

Fallen cold and dead.

Vincent07

"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

Not Batman

I've done a lot of thinking on the matter, lately. So many people grew up with Robin Williams movies, stand ups, his general being. He taught us how to laugh with 'Flubber', he taught us to be brave in 'Jumanji', he showed us we always need our inner child in 'Hook', he showed us the important of honesty in 'World's Greatest Dad', how to live in 'Jack', how to care in 'Patch Adams', how to be a person in 'Good Will Hunting'. Now, we need to show that we really learned all of these lessons as he passes and leaves us to our lives. Williams was one of the greats, we'll never have another one like him. So, Robin, know that you taught us well, that we'll always be alright because of what you taught us. I just hope that where ever you are, you are what you deserve to be, the happiest man there has ever been. You will be missed, and you will always be loved.

Ogre Time Yay

"We never die in bed. Not allowed. Something in our personalities, perhaps? Some animal urge to fight and struggle, making us what we are? Unimportant. We do what we have to do. He understood. Treated it like a joke, but he understood. He saw the cracks in society, saw the little men in masks trying to hold it together ... he saw the true face of the twentieth century and chose to become a reflection of it, a parody of it. No one else saw the joke. That's why he was lonely.

Heard a joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. Great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says "But Doctor... I am Pagliacci." "

- Rorschach

I feel this monologue properly describes what took place.
You'll be missed, Robin Williams.