Destiny

Started by The Red Mage, Sep 17, 2014, 12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Red Mage

Anyone on ps4 Destiny right now?

dom101

I bought an xbone  :-/

onivel

My only console is a Wii that I bought for the kids and to play Zelda  ;)

I'll have to wait and see if they release a PC version. Currently not one officially in production. I did talk my coworker into buying the game for her hubby though so he owes me one.
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

Garage Trashcan

onivel Avatar
My only console is a Wii that I bought for the kids and to play Zelda  ;)

I'll have to wait and see if they release a PC version. Currently not one officially in production. I did talk my coworker into buying the game for her hubby though so he owes me one.
They've expressed interest, we'll probably have it sometime next year.

My roommate's friend got him the PS3 version, so I'll be dicking around with that.
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

The Red Mage

I've only played a little while waiting on my brother, bit it's been really fun and a new experience to play a traditional-like mmo on a console. I was really surprised going to one of the main cities and seeing other players running around. I forgot it wasn't a single player campaign for a second.

Nymera

dom101 Avatar

It's also on xbone.

Destiny is fun, but I think a bit overhyped for what it is.  It won't cure cancer, it's just a fun coop shooter.  (I have issues calling it an MMO when you can barely communicate or interact with other players.)

Garage Trashcan

Nymera Avatar
dom101 Avatar
It's also on xbone.

Destiny is fun, but I think a bit overhyped for what it is.  It won't cure cancer, it's just a fun coop shooter.  (I have issues calling it an MMO when you can barely communicate or interact with other players.)
I think the idea is that you play primarily with friends.

And if you don't have any of those, then you're SOL.

The Red Mage

I think it's a step in the right direction at least.

dom101

Yeah, but I don't think the servers for ps4 and xbone are connected, so I couldn't play with RM if he was looking for people to play with on ps4.

Garage Trashcan

None of the servers are connected. Not even PS4/PS3 or Xbone/360. Processing power and all that, or some shit.

'cause, you know, it's not like people play PC games together on drastically different rigs.

Nymera

Garage Trashcan Avatar
None of the servers are connected. Not even PS4/PS3 or Xbone/360. Processing power and all that, or some shit.

'cause, you know, it's not like people play PC games together on drastically different rigs.

The processing power thing for PS3/PS4 and 360/XBone is actually accurate the way Bungie explained it:  The current generation consoles have better draw distance and resolution, so snipers could see people from farther away.  It would be an unfair advantage.

As for Sony and Microsoft consoles not playing with each other, blame Sony and Microsoft for that one.  ;)

The Red Mage

...was just asking.

Vincent07

I picked it up on my 360, having not really payed much attention to it aside from a video here or there, so no hype.  I love it. Been lots of fun and I've picked up a few 'friends' to play with via reddit.   Definitely worth the $20 I spent after trading in the pile of stuff I was not playing.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

The Red Mage

I'm really enjoying the pvp right now despite the weapon diversity. Auto rifles are just too strong right now, but I feel as people start learning the maps and rotations more, sniper rifles and semi automatics or even pulse rifles may start to happen.

My experience has just been an auto rifle aim contest right now. It was fun taking a few first place finishes at level 5-7 my first attempt though.

And soloing the campaign has been surprisingly difficult which is refreshing.

Garage Trashcan

The Red Mage Avatar
I'm really enjoying the pvp right now despite the weapon diversity. Auto rifles are just too strong right now, but I feel as people start learning the maps and rotations more, sniper rifles and semi automatics or even pulse rifles may start to happen.

My experience has just been an auto rifle aim contest right now. It was fun taking a few first place finishes at level 5-7 my first attempt though.

And soloing the campaign has been surprisingly difficult which is refreshing.
People spamming full automatics while running at each other and meleeing, ending in both of their unfortunate deaths?

Sounds exactly like Halo PvP. Playing a Titan with a Shotgun, I can confirm this.

Also mandropping with Fists of Havoc is really fun.