Main Menu

Test Module

Started by Reecie, Mar 11, 2015, 10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edge

You won't be able to test many of the custom functions here on a local module, including custom spells, prestige classes, unique monsters, and such like. Most of them are tied to scripts which are not included in the haks or otherwise publicly available, and thus will only function while actually on the server.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

Fire Wraith

If there's anything you're curious about in terms of mechanics or such, whether about building areas or characters, feel free to ask though, and we'll do our best to help. :)
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

Nokteronoth

At level 8 you need 1k RP XP in order to level up.

At level 9, you need 2k.

Level 10, 3k, and on and on like that.

~BR

Edge

It does level off at a certain point I believe, meaning that you can always get at least some regular combat XP each level. I forget exactly where that is, however.

Also any XP lost from crafting items can always be regained through combat.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

Misty

In my experience, you can at least plan skill setups and class combinations if you load all the haks and the tlk into a module(A leveling one, preferably, which is what I did.) Since a lot of the PRC's are missing the favored skill info on the posts. 99% of the PRC abilities and such will of course not work when you do this, of course.
Of course you should fight with fire. You should fight everything with fire.
---
There's too many they consumed everything

NorthWolf: Doge Edition

As a suggestion it might be an idea to include some sort of area for testing character builds in the module that you can access when initially making a character. Just flag the character as not being able to enter the module and make a note that people should only make test characters to use in it.

Also, not sure what the interest in this would be like, though it's possible to make a module that includes scripts that don't have an exposed source. The process if it's a point of interest:

1. Compile the .nss (the NWScript source) files either through the Aurora Toolset or through an external compiler.
2. Completely delete the content of the .nss files but do not recompile. This is best done by exporting a .erf with the desired scripts and then using a text editor to avoid accidental compilation.
3. You should now have two components, the .nss and the .ncs (compiled NWScript source). So long as you don't recompile the script, the bytecode of the NWScript source will reflect the original file.
4. Pack these back into a module, i.e. a testing module, and check the functionality. So long as the bytecode is compiled properly there shouldn't be any issues if the script source is blank.

This isn't flawless -- there is at least one NWScript decompiler I think. Still, it makes it less of a problem if your concern is exposing scripted content publicly.