Main Menu

What is considered "Out of the Ordinary" in CD?

Started by Grizzt, Apr 12, 2015, 10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizzt

My favorite race to play is a Drow. Is this race playable in CD? Does the server place light penalties on the character while on the surface? Is there an Underdark?  Are Drow considered to be a normal Elf sub-race or does it require an application?

Edge

> Drow are playable by application.

> Yes, Drow take light penalties unless they take the Daylight Adaptation feat or are indoors/underground. (A few areas that shouldn't penalize you do, if you see them there's a thread in the bug forum to report them.)

> There is an Underdark, but it is not large. There is the undercity of Sschyndylryn and a few areas around it, but currently not much else.

> Drow require an application to play. If the application is approved, you create the character then we use LETO, feats, and stat adjustments to give you the book abilities of the exotic race.

We recommend playing a "normal" character for a while so the staff is somewhat familiar with you as a player before attempting to apply for an exotic race. Otherwise you're very likely to be denied on account of nobody knowing much about you.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

Nokteronoth

To note, you can also start a Half-Elf and take the Half-Drow subrace (No changes) if you want the same look. And you don't need an application.

~BR

Grizzt

I appreciate all the feedback and I will consider what I will start with as I plan my character and his story. Thank you!

Fire Wraith

Another reason we suggest making a non-application character first is so that new players can get a feel for the environment and what fits, and how to best make a character that won't be overly disruptive by nature of their presence (which is generally our primary concern).

Also, it's worth noting that many characters may be more accepted by player-characters than by NPCs, as outlined here:

forums.cormyrdalelands.com/index.php?topic=1169
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."