Main Menu

Hello everyone, or first steps in Cormyr & the Dalelands

Started by sariin, Sep 12, 2015, 11:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sariin

Hello everyone!
Since I am new in this forum I decided to follow an idea thorien gave me and introduce myself to you :)

This is my first mmorpg ever, so if we will have the pleasure of playing together, please be patient with me, if I manage to do something completely stupid/random/out of character/etc., or don't understand some shortcuts (especially since my NwN is in my native language, not English, so lot's of things I need to translate to myself while playing). I will try hard to understand the dynamics of all of it as fast as possible, but in the beginning I am sure there will be a lot of hiccups from my part. I know some of you might find it quite irritating, but again please bear with me in the beginning. You can nag me later, when you decide enough is enough ;)

Also as I have mention above, English is not my native language, and although I have almost no problems with speaking and reading, writting something is completely different thing - spelling and I, well... our relationship is complicated. Frankly, we hate each other :( So if I (I will be playing as Shialaevar Moonsnow) will not reply to you straight away, that's probably because I am looking for the correct spelling... Yeah. So again, please be patient and (hopefully) I will get the knack of it eventually.

So again hi everyone, and let's have good time together :)

p.s. I would also like to thank:
thorien, for bugging me long enough, till I start playing, and being patient, when I always told him I couldn't, because of my studies;
Wittle Dreamer, who as Nullkaya took my character under her wing and help me with my first steps in the game;
and... Samson, the man of the sea (sorry, I don't know your profile name) for running around together in Arabel's sewers, killing rats and smugglers :D

ladybug

Welcome aboard. For what it's worth, your English and spelling look better than stuff I've seen from some native speakers. =)
SDM Sto Helit

When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - C. S. Lewis

Nevermore

Indeed, welcome to the server. No worries, everyone here is pretty friendly so you'll have no trouble there. Hope to meet you ingame soon!

Arya

Hi and welcome to the server! I am just a local lurker for the time, but once I am in the winter interlude or have no class worries during the summer, I look forward to meeting you in-game! Otherwise, you will see my occasional posts here.

Do not worry! I lurk. No trolling here. ;-) (Well, maybe only if it is the less blatant kind once in a blue moon.)

Best,
Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

Welcome to the server and I hope you enjoy yourself!

sinisteromnibus

Welcome to CD! We're glad to have you join us. Feel free to ask questions of just about anyone if you have them. :)

Kymus

Welcome, Sarlin!

CD is a really great place; I've played here off and on for a long time. NWN is essentially my only MMO experience as well, so no need to fret on that (it's much different - and better :P - than those other MMO's anyway). If you need anything, feel free to hit me up in game or out of game and I'll be happy to help (no really, don't hesitate. I don't mind).

You can find a dungeon list here and this fancy map (while not completely accurate) should help you with understanding the area in general.

sariin

ladybug Avatar
Welcome aboard. For what it's worth, your English and spelling look better than stuff I've seen from some native speakers. =)
Thank you all for the warm welcome! And belive me, I had to checked spelling a lot of time, before I have posted this.

Edge

Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

Fire Wraith

Hello and welcome! If you have any questions or run into problems, feel free to ask, either here or in game. :)
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

Nokteronoth

Greetings newest minion. Prepare your body for the server that is CD.

~BR

thorien

Be welcome Sariin, I am glad that you have finally joined us! :)

As always, catch me if you need anything.

valiea987

Welcome! Ever need anything, let me know! I'll help.

onivel

Welcome welcome.. please don't mind the bodies. We'll get around to cleaning those up eventually.

Feel free to hit me up IG if you have any questions or just want to meet up and get some RP going.
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.