Main Menu

Arabel's Freak Awareness Registration Begins (ATTN: ALL)

Started by Arya, Apr 01, 2018, 10:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arya

With all of the problems that have permeated Arabel due to its 'freakish' adventurer population, the citizens all across the city an even other parts of Cormyr itself has decided it time to take action. They had enough of these 'special snowflakes' going out of their way to be in their lives and prove their worth, especially as this often leads to collatoral on the everyday, ordinary citizen's part.

What catalyzed this movement to gain momentum was when one of these people threw Timmy's most favored kitty, 'Snow White,' into the fire in the middle of Arabel Central. All of which caused an uproar, and the sod responsible to head into jail for his most offensive offense. 

No one likes a poor fluffy kitten burning right in front of the Warbling Seraph. Who could blame them?

Enough is enough. A matter that had left people ambivalent on how it gets resolved had now been unanimously, with little to no opposition, made to become resolved. People of Cormyr, especially Arabel, will not deal with this anymore by keeping silent. Arabel Man is enough of a problem for the city, let alone the pesky adventurers who do not know how to respect all that is right and sensible.

What has passed through is a bill to require all adventurers to not only register, but to go through the back area of Sarrano the Clerk's office for magical testing, so all adventurers' bloodlines can be confirmed and documented. Dragon-bloods are especially targeted for this, as several had been known to gain recognition from the Crown for their good deeds.

Tieflings and the mythological half-fiends have also been a troubling thing. Nothing worse out there than one who reminds individuals of the foibles and vice rampant in the mortal world. 

Because one cannot be thorough enough, aasimar and their notoriously judgmental cousins, the half-celestials are getting targeted as well. No one wants to feel judged for not being good enough. And speaking of a presence making one not feel good enough...

Elves also need to register and include their subrace and region of birth. Arabellans are especially uncomfortable with these. And they say the sun elven ones have the highest chance of spreading disease by simply lifting up their nose. Besides, like with the celestial-bloods, people really hate feeling judged by them simply existing.

No one wants to feel uncomfortable. So this is a thing. All of the freaks will be known. It must be done for the good of all.

OOC: Please read below for any who are willing to investigate this matter! You know I love initiative.

*Happy April Fools. Any investigation on this rumor will conclude even for the least meticulous to be fake news. 
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

Edge

Rumor spreads quickly in regards to this sudden and unexpected sweep of regulation that not all are willing to stand down and submit to such meticulous, thorough cataloging and registration of individuals. A masked hero turned vigilante known by the codename of Captain Cormyr, clad in purple and silver and known for his gleaming magical shield, has spoken openly about resisting the registration act and welcomes those to his banner who do not desire to be recorded and numbered like fish in a tank.

Fears have begun to grow among supporters and opposers alike that Captain Cormyr's actions and the kingdom's response, which is all but forced and will not likely be capitulation to the vigilante's demands, may lead to a civil war among the highly-powered adventurer populace.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

Arya

Now that the time has passed, and the day this was posted is now over...

Happy April Fool's everyone who read through all this! 

I hope you enjoyed the fake news that is fun-fun over most harmful to the fabric of our reality.

Best wishes,

Arya

"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow