Main Menu

NWN EE

Started by spamtastic1979, Mar 27, 2018, 03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spamtastic1979

now that it has been released on Steam, is it worth picking it up? Is CD compatible at the moment with it?

Calabask

At this point it remains to be seen. I mean if you want to play through the original campaign with updated textures you have that. But at the moment the server isn't compatible with it I believe. There's a chance you could play on the server with it but it'd be a bit like playing a moving and animated painting from one of the more famous painters who's name escapes me at the moment. Because it'd be a mixture of NWN EE's very different textures along with the custom content that hasn't been updated, any may not get updated on the vault.

NorthWolf: Doge Edition

For what it's worth:

During the pre-release of NWN:EE I tried porting some modules (including HAK files) and it seemed to work just fine without needing fixes. Hopefully once they stop patching the game it'll still be that simple.

darthweasel

EE is.. ok. Problem is they scrapped the gamma slider so you are stuck with a too dark setting that makes it nigh impossible to see depending on your monitor.

If they had that fixed I would highly recommend it.

NorthWolf: Doge Edition

Weird. I thought they had just axed the slider in the options menu when I went to check it out but nope, the game just outright ignores the nwn.ini gamma setting.

You could just use whatever video card driver software you have to do an override but that's still a strange thing for them to remove.

Hand_of_Banath

Seems like a very odd feature to remove just for kicks.