Main Menu

Skills like "Rapid Shot" persistent...

Started by thorien, Aug 03, 2014, 09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorien

...because now they need to be turned on every time. It's really annying when bow-based char has to move in combat more than few meters. On the other servers you just turn them off/on whenever you like, they do not turn off automatically.

Fire Wraith

I wasn't aware we did anything that changed that.  vincent, you have any idea what could be causing that?
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

allatum

Fairly sure it's kind of standard in NWN1. It happens with power attack, expertise, defensive casting, et al. It works differently in NWN2 though.

Valimar Dragonbane

If I recall correctly, all three of those allatum mentioned disengage when you move.  I know I've seen it happen with Expertise for sure.  Power Attack and Defensive Casting I haven't done much with here.
Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett

Adventure is just bad planning. - Roald Amundsen

thorien

Oh, I know it's standard in NWN1, that's why topic is in suggestions instead of bugs. :)

Garage Trashcan

TL;DR version :

--Blackboxed Combat Engine
--NWNX is super finicky and laggy and whatever generally not worth it
--Entire server would have to be rescripted to be compatible with new combat "codes" since it wasn't built around it like other servers were.
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

Atomic Twinkie

Well, you can change the scripts :P The NPCs and so on will still continue to function normally!

Garage Trashcan

Atomic Twinkie Avatar
Well, you can change the scripts :P The NPCs and so on will still continue to function normally!
Read as: "I volunteer myself as tribute!"

You hear that, Vincent? He just volunteered to rescript the entire server.

Atomic Twinkie

I did not :P Though I could certainly get you help in what to change!

Vincent07

Yeah, this is default behaviour.   While there are some NWNX things I'd like to do... that we never built around them to begin with is the problem.  I'd have to rescript a LOT to put it in.  I'm not sure at this juncture that it's worth the time investment.   I'm not against looking into it though, especially if I could find some decent documentation on the subject.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

thorien

You could always talk with scripter of Sinfar, they have it there. :)

Vincent07

It's not just a scripting matter though.  You have to implement the NWNX engine, which to my knowledge means inserting it into most of the key scripts in the module.  Think of it this way, NWNX is in many cases altering core functions of the game engine, and to do that it must invade the majority of the game's scripts like a parasite.  This is not a quick or simple process.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

Garage Trashcan

thorien Avatar
I'm guessing he'll throw in the yiff and the BDSM free of charge?

darthweasel

allatum Avatar
Fairly sure it's kind of standard in NWN1. It happens with power attack, expertise, defensive casting, et al. It works differently in NWN2 though.
This is how it is normally in NWN1. If other servers have it different they worked it out via scripting or a hak of some sort.

thorien

Garage Trashcan Avatar
thorien Avatar
I'm guessing he'll throw in the yiff and the BDSM free of charge?
I guess it's a professional risk.