Main Menu

I have no words for how sad this is.

Started by Not Batman, Jul 08, 2014, 11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Not Batman

Bob Hastings, probably the only man to rival Kevin Conroy, Simon Templeman and Mark Hamill, has sadly passed away. You all might know him as the original voice actor of Commissioner James Gordon in Batman: The Animated Series and all of its spin-offs. Like everyone else on that show, this man is the embodiment of the character he protrayed. To me, he will always be the voice of Jim Gordon whenever I pick up a Batman comic. Batman: The Animated Series was one of the finest productions and to this day, is still a work of art, that could never have been accomplished without Hastings and his fellow cast members. Fire up the batsignals, Bat Fans, and let's give him a good send off. Rest in peace, Bob Hastings, and thank you for being a huge part of my childhood.

Arya

Sad news indeed.  RIP Bill Hastings.

Sincerely,
Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

theshobit

: (   *group hugs* Though your footfalls no longer leave a mark; their impression remains in my mind and upon my heart. Rest in peace, Bob Hastings.

Ogre Time Yay

I remember that show.  Bob, you are an inspiration.