Main Menu

De Rules [total]

Started by vhunelar, Dec 16, 2017, 12:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vhunelar

Hi there!

Quick question - some players have mentioned there are updates to the rules/mechanics which have come over the years the server has existed, such as a fairly large change in the levelling procedure.  I think I have found all the information on updates now in the admin annoucements area - but just to clear so I'm not missing important rules or mechanics changes - are there any rule changes/updates I may have missed doing this?

Thanks much,

v

Not Batman

Nope, everything is up to date there.

vhunelar

Misty

For updated mechanics and such, there are Quite a lot that you won't find in the admin section. You'll want to look through this, and even it doesn't have changes going back long enough to the old forum that died.

forums.cormyrdalelands.com/index.php?topic=20
Of course you should fight with fire. You should fight everything with fire.
---
There's too many they consumed everything

vhunelar

Oh?  Well thank you very much in that case!

Any idea of what changes might have been on this old forum that I should know about?

Misty

Run into a lot of it myself, and I could be wrong about them not being mentioned, but a few things I can think of.. (I never saw or played on the old forums)

Level 1 Shield spell gives Shield AC, not Deflection. It also seems to last longer.
Mage Armor gives purely +4 Armor AC, not 1 of each.
Protection vs Alignment doesn't give mind immunity.
Circle of Death is not capped to 9. It's either caster/level, or around level 20.
Premonition is /+7 rather than /+5
Lesser Planar Binding, Planar Binding, Greater Planar Binding, Planar Ally and Gate all give alignment (Generally custom) based summons. GPB/Gate are -very- potent compared to default.
Summon Monster I-VI are buffed compared to default. VII-IX are completely overshadowed and unmodified.
Mordenkainen's sword is custom.
Mentioned, but understated. You can type /flytool to get a custom ability that works as the flying widget, but without the need to use an item. So you can fly if you've got the spell and are shapeshifted for instance.
Greater Sanctuary has a will save to it (Though it's much higher than normal)
Scrolls use your caster level rather than the scroll level for resisting dispels. (They still cast at the level of the scroll for the effect)

Likely more I'm forgetting, or just never run into though.
Of course you should fight with fire. You should fight everything with fire.
---
There's too many they consumed everything

Mystic Warden

Shield actually lasts 10 minutes/lvl.

The duration of Displacement was changed to 1 min./lvl

Improved Invisibility only gives 30% miss chance. (So it does not make Displacement fully obsolate.)

The duration of Alter Self was also increased, to facilitate role-playing better. Although if you get wings with it the fly widget disappears much sooner than the actual appearance change on your toon ends.
Sindel Sinul, witch, herbswoman and tarot reader extraordinaire with a strong business sense
Diana Castelli, cute bookworm, arcane nerd, with the 'Weapon focus: book' feat
Vicky DeVille, daddy's princess, conjuring up some trouble
Melinda Moon, merc with a mouth and two tonfa-hilted short swords

Vincent07

There are a host of spell changes over the years that we never kept a running list for.   Many spell descriptions are out of date and will be fixed with the next hak change.   I could try to put together a full list of spell changes.  Might take a bit though.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

vhunelar

Very interesting systems and scripts in place.

My compliments to the builders in a big, big way.