Main Menu

Kymus's official play status thread

Started by Kymus, Mar 23, 2016, 07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kymus

aka The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated

I've come to realize that I play in spurts, and as such, it seems best to make a thread with my play status.

So, with that said... HI! For those that are not familiar or have forgotten about me (not that anyone would ever do such a terrible thing to little ol me), I've played here off and on for a rather long time; well over a decade. I just would play for a few months and then take off... for years... >_>.

Some personal details about me:

I have a professional background in health and nutrition (certified massage therapist, health coach, and trainer) and presently work independently as a personal trainer. I write much more than I talk (unless I know someone well). Longish posts like this are more the norm for me. I enjoy writing, I guess. That, and it's impossible for me to keep things short and to the point. Despite my wordy posts, I am rather introverted in active conversations.

I love anime (I've been a Crunchyroll subscriber for the past number of years. It's a godsend for my home theater PC)). Alternatively, I dislike most fictional TV shows (I can count on one two hands the number of TV shows currently airing that interest me) and I'm one of those fabled Linux gamers... we are out there...(of the 200+ games in my Steam library, maybe 5 - tops - require windows. The rest run fine for me. Come to Linux, we have candy)..

I've been involved with martial arts for nearly 30 years. I've studied Muay Thai, Jeet Kune Do, Eskrima (Doce Paris Eskrima and Lameco Eskrima), Shaolin Long Fist, and I'm currently studying Brazilian Jiujitsu and looking to start doing Judo and Sambo relatively soon.

I like pie too. But who doesn't like pie? Heathens. Dirty, rotten, low down heathens.

The end :D

Kymus

Current status: back sorta. Mostly spending time with other things (reading, and catching up on One Piece (only ~300 episodes to go!). Will be playing more once said other things are finished. Most likely I won't be spending much time with guilds and quests.

Kymus

Back after a hiatus of a few months. :D

Arya

"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

Kymus

Valimar Dragonbane

Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett

Adventure is just bad planning. - Roald Amundsen

Kymus

That really good looking and kind funny (sometimes maybe) guy that's really introverted but too cool for school. You probably never heard of him  8-)

Kymus

I'll be on hiatus until sometime after December. I have ~30 books on my shelf that I need to read, so I'm hoping to get them all finished by or before the end of December *fingers crossed*

Valimar Dragonbane

Only 30?  You're a bad bibliophile.
Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett

Adventure is just bad planning. - Roald Amundsen

Kymus

Valimar Dragonbane Avatar
Only 30?  You're a bad bibliophile.
Them's fightin words, Val!  >:D :D :P

Kymus

Checking back in. I finished ~26 or 28 of the 30 books. I still need to finish on this year... meant to finish at least one a week... >_>