Main Menu

Discipline to counter Taunt

Started by alphaschakal, Aug 30, 2022, 07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alphaschakal

Personally, i think Discipline would fit to counter Taunt just as much as Concentration, if not more, for a martial character. I guess the argument is kind of like "Discipline is how good you control your body against physical influences, concentration is against mental ones."

But Discipline stands for both. You can not control your body if you don't have a strong mind. A well disciplined soldier holds the line, pike pointing at the enemy, no matter if he is being shot at or someone from the other line insults him. Being able to shrug off a hit in the leg and staying calm is just as much as staying calm and not breaking the line to charge at an enemy when being taunted.

This is just a tiny thought i had. It might help melees with already little skill points if they can fully invest into discipline instead of concentration and discipline. Or maybe Taunt could be countered by either, whatever is highest? That way people who already have characters with concentration invested against taunts do not have to relevel.

Fox²

Unfortunately taunt's roll is blackboxed. We can't change it without some cumbersome workarounds.
Retired.

alphaschakal

Fox² Avatar
Unfortunately taunt's roll is blackboxed. We can't change it without some cumbersome workarounds.
Ah, right. I did not know that. NWN Spaghetti Code, i guess