Main Menu

Dungeons- Dispels/AC/etc

Started by kingofaquilonia, Dec 23, 2013, 04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edge

Oh I definitely know that feeling. My own cleric is a caster character, far from melee oriented, preferring to stand back and blast more than buff up and smash faces. Which as far as a pure power perspective is definitely in NWN the suboptimal choice.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

morwen

I see people clean up with clerics but I've never been able to really make it work.

The Red Mage

Clerics offer the widest variety of builds over any other class. It's very difficult to build one so poorly they can't perform in one way or another. I have an evocation, pure int-wis-cha turn undead, smite evil, exorcist based cleric who plays more like a wizard. I also have a cleric who is nothing but wisdom/charisma and uses zen archery/ divine might and damage prayers/ buffs to do damage with a longbow. He never casts any offensive spells. All his skill points are into open lock/ disarm trap though, so with his 8 con, he'd be pretty dookie at attempting melee against anything decent.

The standard full wisdom, strength melee cleric with war domain and no RP restrictions on spell choice is the most dangerous and common cleric choice though. They will bring whatever it takes to get the job done most effectively, and with two spells can turn themselves into full BAB fighters with equal damage. Their biggest enemy is being dispelled, however. A buffless cleric, or a cleric who has ran out of spells is usually a fish in a barrel.