Main Menu

Moon Domain Power- Lycan Turning

Started by germanblangs, Jan 06, 2014, 02:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

germanblangs

So, the domain power does just that... it allows you to use turn undead and affect lycanthropes.  Does this actually work or is this just an rp ability?  The only time I used it, it didn't make any rolls that I saw and nothing happened beyond me using a turn undead against something well below my 18 caster level.  It could actually work, but I havn't run around to find lycan's to test it out on.  Maybe I'll have to do that.

Valimar Dragonbane

It could be that the creature(s) you were using it against weren't set up with the proper type or subtype.  You may need to have a DM give you a hand testing it out on some hostiles that have the correct set up.
Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett

Adventure is just bad planning. - Roald Amundsen

SOC_Tessa

I've seen other extended turning domains work (I've seen turned outsiders and turned elementals, so I'm almost certain the moon domain would not be an exception in design.

The Red Mage

The creature subtype was probably not set right. You could try on the wererats on Arabel sewers. If it does not work on them, then it's either just an RP ability  or it's not set up correctly to affect shapeshifters(I think lycanthropes are under "shapeshifter" creature type in NWN).

Practiced Caster feat does not make up for missing turning power, either, for future reference. The only PrC currently working which does not lose turning power while taking is Doom Guide. The rest of them do not count toward your turning power--hierophant/divine disciple/heart warder/ windwalker/ hospitaler/others.

germanblangs

My caster level would still have been 16.  I'll go kill rats in the sewer..... again....

germanblangs

I tried turning the wererats in the sewers and after 4-5 attempts, nothing happened.  No rolls, no fearful rats, no dead rats, no nothing.

The Red Mage

It's probably not scripted or is just a RP ability, then.

Vincent07

Could have sworn that worked.  Either way, I can make it work.  There's also a werewolf out in the Hullack you can test on.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

germanblangs

That's the first one I tried it on when it popped up in the middle of a quest with other spawned rabid werewolves.