Main Menu

Forgotten Realms - High School

Started by kelitayu, May 07, 2015, 08:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fire Wraith

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

ladybug

Yaldabaoth Avatar
Ladies.  Gentlemen.  We're getting off topic here.  We need to go back to discussing what terrible people all of us are, and what terrible decisions we make.  
I willingly teach in a high school! I think this gives me Schrodinger's Relevancy - I can compare my characters ~*and*~ be reminded of my poor decisions!

Xavier: Nerd. Nerd. Nerd. Did I say nerd yet? He's the kid who hangs out with the teachers instead of his peers to discuss books.

Gioia: Cheerleader.

Isra: Nerd...but throws money around enough to buy friends. Gogo Waukeen.

Ashlyn: Goth.

Haze: Probably more geek than nerd, equally studious and focused on functionality of shiny toys.

Marlowe: Band kid.
SDM Sto Helit

When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - C. S. Lewis

Yaldabaoth

You know, as recently as a year ago, a thread like this would have caused us to descend into a Lord of the Flies situation.  Here, no one seems to have broken out the conch shells or pig's heads.  It would be enough to bring a tear to my eye, if I hadn't already wept my last tears 6 billion years ago.

lb7

Pah....
Couldn't we have started a "D&D and the WWE" thread, instead? That actually has more similarities to NWN then High school does. ;p

But fine..

Silvia would be the studious, nerdy girl who excels in science and would be notorious for wanting to make things blow up in the lab just for kicks. While she would not be able or allowed to do this as much as she would like to, she would go on to graduate, and leave everyone wondering and perhaps a little afraid if she'll help the world, or blow parts of it up.

Edge

There's enough of us here who don't know jack squat about professional wrestling, whereas nearly all of us have experienced high school to be able to make and understand the comparisons.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

lb7

YouTube is your friend... 

But fair enough... however, lemme try it for a minute here.

The WWE's version of conflict brewing among one another.

And the WWE's version of the "revenge phase" between two conflicting souls.

No knowledge of professional wrestling required to draw similarities to NWN. ;)

modronlove

Alameth would be one of the preppy guys, but a nice one willing to mingle with others.
Mirabell would be the nerd in the glee club.  Possibly a nerd/cheerleader hybrid.
Mariella would be firmly in the goth camp.
Devran is a bit hard for me to pin down.  Maybe one of the kids in shop with a hint of emo.

suddenperihelion

Yaldabaoth Avatar
You know, as recently as a year ago, a thread like this would have caused us to descend into a Lord of the Flies situation.  Here, no one seems to have broken out the conch shells or pig's heads.  It would be enough to bring a tear to my eye, if I hadn't already wept my last tears 6 billion years ago.
These damn kids, they have everything so easy. Back in MY day...

modronlove

suddenperihelion Avatar
Yaldabaoth Avatar
These damn kids, they have everything so easy. Back in MY day...

Yald IS ancient.  He was the DM for the first quest I was ever on in NWN back when this game was still new.

Edge

lb7 Avatar
YouTube is your friend... 

But fair enough... however, lemme try it for a minute here.

No knowledge of professional wrestling required to draw similarities to NWN. ;)
Let me rephrase then.

There's not as many of us who WANT to know about wrestling, whereas we all have enough knowledge of high school stereotypes.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

tarriel

HIGH SCHOOL!? YES! 

(These are British high school stereotypes. May not translate well)

Galen: A nice, stupid guy. SOMEHOW passes all the classes, sort of a pseudo-nerd. 

Vruuk: Class Hippie.

Orokol: Choir Boy. Beefy, charming choir boy. 

Sparrow: Class weirdo.

lb7

More power to those that don't wanna know.

Me, high school cliches are overdone as it is. :)

Deleted

Cara - The one with the group of friends that are popular, but she tends to be the outcast "token".

Morghan - Jock chick that tends to get involved in the drama club for laughs.

Rhea - Geeky choir/drama/book girl

Rahven - Goth.  100%.

Alex - Teacher's pet.

Deleted

Yaldabaoth Avatar

Whether or not you're being flippant here (  :D ), I'm seriously glad for this.  And I really have to love everyone's banding together to say "lets just have fun, kay?"!

ladybug

Yaldabaoth Avatar
Uuuuuuuuugh we're finishing up a unit on that book now.......
SDM Sto Helit

When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - C. S. Lewis