Main Menu

Stepping down, beginning 2019

Started by Arya, Dec 01, 2018, 01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arya

Hi everyone,

Some of you likely had seen this coming, or heard it from me already. But after some thought over the past months, I think I am going to go on and not go to DM-lite activity. I am ready to move onto other things. 

I am not going to say I will not ever come back as staff (or even regular player), for many things could change drastically and make that possible. So I will spare folks the 'never come back' line. :-) There are a number reasons for my step-down, but some of the bigger culprits I will speak of are the combination of no free time and not having the energy to do what it takes to be here; to help the community the way it needs. Furthermore, my creativity has been drained for a while, making it take even more for me to invest here. Seeing a lot of my friends come and go from here over the years also has been hard. 

I might pop in for some folks if they ask, or on a whim, but I do not see myself able to do anymore than that. To respect the players I have been DMing for, I will be finishing my last event this weekend, and doing one more impromptu event. 

It was fun DMing for the server while I did. I really like stories, and people able to help me in making them. 

Thank you for understanding. I am sorry for anyone I might have caused issue with over the years, and hope to do better in the time to come. I act in love. 

Best wishes,
Arya

"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

We will always remember you in love :)

Valimar Dragonbane

It was always a treat to play with you, Arya!
Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett

Adventure is just bad planning. - Roald Amundsen

trylobyte

Don't be a stranger, you!  We will always remember all the amazing things you've done for us and will always be happy to see you.