Main Menu

Snowpocolypse 2015

Started by Goat, Feb 24, 2015, 10:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goat

It's days like these that I love living in the South.  Woke up this morning to an email that classes were cancelled (which means my midterm was too, woo! More time to study), and when I finally rolled my lazy bum out of bed, I expected to find several inches of snow, but instead, we came across this.  Be warned, some of these images of the Snowpocolypse may be startling to some viewers.

ICE ON THE WIND SHIELDS! 

IT COULD VERY WELL BE THAT THE WIPER BLADES ON MY CAR MAY BE FROZEN IN A STATE OF IMMOBILITY!

EVIDENCE AS TO THE SEVERITY OF THE SITUATION!

Foxwife was not overly impressed.  Also wanted to try out how well the endure elements enchantment on her cloak worked.

Here is a dramatic pose between frozen vehicles.  Now you know that this stuff is legit.

Valimar Dragonbane

... *snerk, snort, laugh* Oh, how you silly southerners lose the ability to drive on ice.

Seriously though, black ice is nasty.
Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett

Adventure is just bad planning. - Roald Amundsen

Edge

We had a tad more snow here but nothing that couldn't just be brushed off. Still beats being anywhere north.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

Goat

I've never had a problem driving in it, but was glad for a lazy day at home.  It's funny though, give us snow or ice and we freak out and the entire city shuts down.  Hurricanes?  Trip to the liquor store and it's hurricane party time!  

ClockworkMayhem

We had snow this morning, but it turned to rain. And it's true - people here really can't drive if it's snowing. They freak out. Which is hilarious to me (I grew up in the north, so lots of snow is normal to me).

Edge

I have never lived further north than Tennessee, thankfully. I'm too cold-averse to be able to handle it. I love me some warm weather - Texas and Arizona have my climates of choice.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.

ClockworkMayhem

I'd prefer somewhere in between the two extremes, but that has not, unfortunately, been my experience! Always too hot or too cold.

Nymera

We had...a bit more snow in central NC.

FaeFae

Nymera Avatar
We had...a bit more snow in central NC.

Your dog is adorable. I am biased.

Goat, your winter looks like a nice spring day. You've got some nice April going on in these pics!

ladybug

=( My district refuses to call school almost ever.
SDM Sto Helit

When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - C. S. Lewis

NorthWolf: Doge Edition

Being from the arctic tundra of Canadadu all I can say is that you know nothing of cold.

Edge

And I shall be very happy to keep it that way.

Remmy

In the Dallas area we had quite a bit of ice dumped onto the ground and the roads that made driving hazardous last night and this morning. It is mostly melted now, but there is a very strong possibility of real snow getting dumped tonight. And by real I of course mean small, since snow is one of the few things that is not big in Texas. :D

misfit

We had a 110-year-old record temp broken yesterday morning. As I was driving in to the gym at 5am, my dash variously read -7, -3, -9, -12, -4. I was expecting it to either blue screen or pop up a message saying, "Look, it's f'ing cold out, ok? Leave me alone!"

threeguesses

In Miami, I went swimming yesterday. I'm going to go swimming again today.