Main Menu

Forgotten Realms - High School

Started by kelitayu, May 07, 2015, 08:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelitayu

I was thinking this over in the shower and then it dawned on me.. like a large, gray shadow...

This feels more like a high school setting with way too many "hot chicks". It seems like everyone is a hot chick. Every player character is a hot chick. Even the NPCs are hot chicks. Lots of them are also unique snow flakes too with wings, horns and vampirism.

Gods... what happened to my beloved Neverwinter?

I wasn't always this way.
There used to be variety in characters.
There used to be wonder..
Mystery..
Adventure!
Now everything sucks.
Now everyone's a Mary Sue.
Adventure isn't important anymore.
Heroes and villians?
They're all dead.
All anyone cares about now is the size of peoples butts.. or boobs.. that's the main topic of the day.. teeheee.. you got a big butt!

Hhuurrguuuhhhh..

Everything sucks.. :(

Deleted

Please limit discussions to -constructive- criticisms, or suggestions.  Blanket saying that "everything sucks" is neither helpful nor community-building.

You have over-simplified the vast difference of characters on this server.

D&D has -always- been about portraying a character -you- enjoy.  Just because you may not like a character does not make the character any less valid than yours (barring breaking the setting or rules).  Have fun with your characters, and don't worry about the rest.

dndpro

There can be a vast difference between chocolate chip cookies, apple pie, and coffee cake but . .  they are all desserts. I think what kelitayu is saying is both constructive and true. This server needs more -categories- the majority of the PCs on this server are beautiful human/elf/halfelf women. I have to strain my eyes to spot a male and I have yet to spy a single gnome, halfling, dwarf, or halforc.
Not only are almost all the PC's women but they all act and look the same.

Belladonna said, "You have over-simplified the vast difference of characters on this server." And I reply that no, no kelitayu has not because the player base has already over-simplified themselves.

D&D has -always- been about a lot of things. . .  not -just- portraying a character lol. .  Belladonna, you have over-simplified the vast complexities of D&D.

Please limit discussions to -constructive- criticisms, or suggestions. Flat out telling people that their view is wrong or that their feelings are invalid is neither helpful nor community-building.

Yaldabaoth

Single post counts?  Usernames no one has ever heard of before?  Insults directed at wide sections of the playerbase? Of course!  This thread is very much worthy of a reasoned discussion full of conflicting, yet civil, viewpoints.  

Nokteronoth

Don't forget the agreeing account that was registered 36 minutes ago, also with a single post, 45m after Bella's reply.

Convenient, but, what am I to know? I just run a forum group of 176,000 people. *Coughs.*

I don't mind most of the server being fem characters, though I do agree that the soul-searching eyes bit gets me not reading bios a lot of the time.

There certainly is a lot of variation between players and how they play their heroes. I'm playing things I never have before, certainly, after 13 years of NWN and even more of D&D. Hoorah. It's fun. And I'll go on playing whatever I damn well please, long as it fits the server and spirit of things. (And gets approved!)

~BR

realityjumper

There are a disproportionate amount of females, but the dudes are there! Sure there's a lot of elves - people love to consider being something "wonderful." I know several that play gnomes (Mirabell comes to mind!).

As far as "being the same" ... wow. Everyone I've interacted with has such a unique take on their characters! We've got everything from bubbly and vapid to crotchety to intellectual to piss-ant. I'm sorry you seem to have had bad experiences.
"Death floats on the air, creeps through the window, comes with the handshake of a stranger. If we stop living because we fear death, then we have already died." ~ Raistlin Majere

Edge

Ah yes, the classic "Waaaaah, nobody's playing the boring old Standard Six character races anymore, I don't like it when people play differently than I do, stop having badwrongfun, get off my lawn, back in my day everything was Tolkien and we liked it" posts.

I was wondering when we'd get another round of these, especially how commonly they pop up over on Paizo's forums whenever Pathfinder brings out something that isn't a LOTR callback, like guns, aliens, psionics, technology, or asian/eastern stuff.

It's been a while CD-side though, and I was figuring we were due. Well, might as well let the quota get filled. Thankfully I still have half a bag of popcorn left from when I went to see Avengers.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

suddenperihelion

Looks like there's five male and two female PCs online right now. So I question the premise. *shrugs* Even if there were more female than male, so what? Seriously, what's wrong with playing a female?

No one seems to recognize you from ingame, and you both only have one forum post - so I'm guessing you haven't actually played much/at all. My advice would be to try actually logging in and roleplaying with people. I did that, and I encountered and roleplayed with an incredibly diverse array of characters! It's been very fun! Your experience may well be similar, if you give the place a chance. Maybe if you give it a try, you'll understand why none of the rest of us think "everything sucks".

And in the off chance you are being serious and you want to roleplay with an ugly PC, I've got one of those =D hit me up ingame if you're really itching for some ugly roleplay. We'll have a blast!

Ogre Time Yay

*Snorts five lines of cocaine*
I'll tell you what sucks... You wanna know what sucks?...
Memories of high school. ._.

Nokteronoth

Them wedgies, man, them wedgies. And worse. But we're all playing NWN, I bet most of us have at least a few horror stories.

*Whispers*Neeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrds!

~BR

Goat

I was severely disappointed that this wasn't a thread about "What stereotype would your character be in a high school setting!"

Theo would probably be a nerd, but one of those guys that turns sexy and successful after high school, much to everyone's shock.

Peppyr would be a hipster, totally, even if they didn't exist when I was in high school.  He'd probably also be the guy that tried to sleep with everyone.  He is a satyr after all.

Just my two cents.  Yay!

Edge

Goat Avatar
I was severely disappointed that this wasn't a thread about "What stereotype would your character be in a high school setting!"
This is now the purpose of this thread.

Kestal doesn't fit in any specific stereotypical group, but she'd be the kind that really doesn't have a lot of enemies, and gets along with people from all different sorts of groups.

Kendaku is a Jock who happens to be in Band and be a little bit Goth.

Caprice is a Nerd - specifically a Math Nerd - who happens to be enough of a decent athlete to be in something like Track, but isn't involved in any of the big sports so isn't really a Jock.

Megan is a big conglomeration of Nerd types, but it's mostly overshadowed by how generally weird she is. The only group she really wouldn't fit into would be Jocks, but she's happy to help them with their homework. And play pranks on them in the process.

Eden is that kid who's into the less popular sports like wrestling and cross-country, but refuses to get involved in things like football, baseball, volleyball, etc. despite clearly she'd be at least decent at them.

Aida is a Foreign Exchange Student who mostly wonders why the sports she's used to don't seem to exist at this school.

Raven and Edge are Jocks, except both have 14 INT which means they'd be decent at classes. Edge is your typical Football Jock, Raven would probably be more into Baseball.

Faethe is that kid in class who's always daydreaming and who everyone is worried is going to burn the school down during a science class.

Xion is straight up Goth, the type who's into weird texts and "magic" rituals and stuff.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.

Ogre Time Yay

Hydaro is that one guy in High School who had to drop out of High School on his senior year and get a hard labor job to support his younger siblings because his only parent is a god damned drunk, deadbeat who doesn't give a damn about anything, then goes to prison for some crime he did, gets out years later, then disappears and is never heard from again.

Yaldabaoth

Ladies.  Gentlemen.  We're getting off topic here.  We need to go back to discussing what terrible people all of us are, and what terrible decisions we make.  

Edge