Main Menu

Suggestion - Placeable items

Started by koffie, Oct 13, 2021, 06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

koffie

Hello Everybody,

it has been a blast of a week so far, but i am possibly missing something that i want to suggest.

i would like the possibility to place items on a location as wished (sometime suseable).

Rugs, chairs, candles, pillows to sit on, small campfires, those kinds of things :)
would be useful to rotate them around, too ;)

i think they would enrich RP experiences for everyone around :)
(ofcourse, you can pick them up again, too)

Edge

We used to have these available in the past but removed them due to abuse and mechanical issues. We are not interested in re-adding them.
Edge Avatar
Re: Tents - we actually used to have spawnable tent, chair, table, and other placeables items, but they were removed because players would regularly take them into dungeons and use them to corral and bottleneck enemies.

belladonna Avatar
Oct 2, 2015 15:27:33 GMT -5  @belladonna said:
Problem with spawnable placeables is that given the amount of time our server is up, this would increase lag significantly.  Instead, we have tents regularly placed in forest areas for safe resting.

Vincent07 Avatar
Spawned placeables block pathing.  Just the way they work.  

And yes, they were being used to abuse the AI, and for some reason also the cause of crashes on Event server transitions, and so were removed.

Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

koffie

suggestion to the blocking: you could make them bubble, so they cant be placed too close together, or near a door and such :)

if needed, i am willing to think along for a few solutions to the issues in the past