Main Menu

Evilness

Started by carp6, Nov 17, 2015, 06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mystic Warden

Being evil and/or jerk to an other PC is generally not a good idea, mostly due to the OOC considerations, even if ICly it would be the correct thing to do. Unless your RP partner is OK to handle it.

Because of this, evil PCs mostly hide their true self from other (good) PCs -or at least, restrain themselves around them- and getting evil on the NPCs. But NPCs need DMs to handle. So actually what an evil char really needs is DM support and time to be evil.
Sindel Sinul, witch, herbswoman and tarot reader extraordinaire with a strong business sense
Diana Castelli, cute bookworm, arcane nerd, with the 'Weapon focus: book' feat
Vicky DeVille, daddy's princess, conjuring up some trouble
Melinda Moon, merc with a mouth and two tonfa-hilted short swords

mtgpackfoils

It's time to dust this thread off. I'm here to join Team Evil. Come find me (I just started yesterday).

Arya

I have an evil character that I really do not play for she is effectively a high functioning sociopath. Otherwise, kept under control by fear. :-D So I make her work that way.

Echoing people in this thread, you do have to play it smart, for even with other evils around there is backstabbing between (and within) evil factions due to the nature of evil. Including the LE ones (they just typically do it via toxic social politics, discrediting, etc to make people lose favor versus outright betrayal). 

Best,
Arya

"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

Arya

Admittedly my favorite evil borders on antihero or antivillain. The ones who might protect their country at all cost but accept collateral (like Amanda Waller from Suicide Squad) or have a Punisher disposition to them. The one I described is not in that category, but again, controlled by fear.

I'd make a new character in that sort of area except I have a neutral (bordering evil) that already fills that spot more or less.

Best,
Arya

"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

Phaesporia

mtgpackfoils Avatar
It's time to dust this thread off. I'm here to join Team Evil. Come find me (I just started yesterday).
Keep in mind that you can't really be openly evil in any way, most DMs don't seem interested in running evil events/catering to evil shenanigans given their lists of interests, and the majority of the community is not a fan of player conflict or PvP.

If you want to still play evil, which I totally get, you'll only be able to do evil things in a niche environment such as with a group that is oocly okay with such or with a DM that is fine with it. Anything you do to drive conflict essentially has to be through a DM event to create content for non-evil PCs.

For me, personally, people here weren't really friendly to me OOCly until I made my paladin of Helm :P I would suggest starting with a neutral/good character to get your foot in the door.

There IS the Zhentarim which is more or less active currently (the only official evil faction) but that in itself is sort of niche. It's up to you.

Arya

There is also the Thayans, who enjoy being 'tolerated' in Cormyr due to help in a major plot. However, they are definitely not liked, and as any other evil have to play it smart. They also risk ruining the reputation for the others further, and that has a different baggage of its own here.

Then again, can anyone expect different if someone might risk drawing attention to evol plot?

We have a few shady mercenary companies for groups that are more 'friendly' to Cormyr. Still evil, though.

Best,
Arya