Main Menu

Also Hurricane!

Started by Goat, Oct 07, 2016, 02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goat

Title says it all!  Southeastern NC here, right on the coast.  Probably won't be until late tomorrow afternoon before we get more than normal amounts of wind and rain, but still, just letting the few concerned people know! <3

Arya

<3 Please be safe! Rooting for goodness and safety.

Sincerely,
Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

Not Batman

Storm weakened a big time after it hit us, you'll be fine. Just make sure to stock up excess water in your tubs and sinks.

Goat

I'm an old pro at this, so it was no big deal.  It was my wife's first hurricane so there was a little panic, but we got it handled pretty well.  It came in fairly south of us, so we just had a lot wind and rain, but nothing I would consider truly impressive.  Lots of flooding in our area, so we've both stayed home today to put things back in order and take care of my grandmother who was having some blood sugar issues this morning before I went to go to work.

So all in all, your favorite local Goat and family are safe!

Valimar Dragonbane

Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett

Adventure is just bad planning. - Roald Amundsen

Goat

Also to let everyone know who has heard that NC is flooding really bad, it's not in the part of the state we are in.  While the coastal communities like us get battered by the ocean, and even though we live next to a major river delta, the water has somewhere to "go" rather unlike further up the river.  I will let everyone know if anything changes, but we are still good here!  Just cleaning up!

Arya

Good to know you are safe-safe and not just surviving a traumatic environmental shift!

Sincerely,
Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

Ogre Time Yay

Glad to know you're safe. :)
I'm in Fayetteville NC here, and places literally went underwater... What a time to be had.

Goat

Didn't know you were that close!  Yeah, things are pretty gnarly inland, I'm hoping that it starts to fry up here soon.  If ya need anything, let us know!  Stay dry there!

Ogre Time Yay

Everything is good to go here now. :P
Most businesses didn't have electricity for a week and many of the roads were closed off, including a few routes to my office, but that's all sorted out by now. Considering that there have been some deaths reported and some people went missing, I'd say I was pretty lucky throughout the whole situation.

Arya

Eeek! Well, we are glad you are safe man!  Please keep us in the loop. :-)

Sincerely,
Arya