Main Menu

You gotta watch this to beleive it

Started by Autumn, Feb 25, 2015, 08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn

Arya

"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

threeguesses

I thought it was great. 10/10, would morph again.

Nymera

It's satire.

This was made by Joseph Kahn, who is pretty notorious for making movies that are almost serious(but not really).  In this case he is poking fun at the super-serious "grimdark" gritty reboots of childhood franchises.  Katee Sackhoff as the Pink Ranger was kind of brilliant in that way, since she is constantly fancast in everything.

So, just a forewarning, if you think having Power Rangers blow people's heads off is super awesome, then you are probably who he was making fun of:

www.hitfix.com/motion-captured/world-exclusive-what-are-katee-sackhoff-and-james-van-der-beek-doing-in-joseph-kahns-powerrangers

Valimar Dragonbane

Nymera Avatar
It's satire.

This was made by Joseph Kahn, who is pretty notorious for making movies that are almost serious(but not really).  In this case he is poking fun at the super-serious "grimdark" gritty reboots of childhood franchises.  Katee Sackhoff as the Pink Ranger was kind of brilliant in that way, since she is constantly fancast in everything.

So, just a forewarning, if you think having Power Rangers blow people's heads off is super awesome, then you are probably who he was making fun of:

www.hitfix.com/motion-captured/world-exclusive-what-are-katee-sackhoff-and-james-van-der-beek-doing-in-joseph-kahns-powerrangers

I've heard that Sackhoff is going to be cast in the live action My Little Ponies film, where she will be gunning down other Ponies on account of them losing their way.  Also, there will be robots posing as Ponies as part of a conspiracy. /tongueincheek.
Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett

Adventure is just bad planning. - Roald Amundsen

Deleted

Either way, as satire or serious, it's an awesome interpretation.

Autumn

Mostly my WTF  came from how did  they Talk Her into WEARING a pink power ranger get up

Nymera

Autumn Avatar
Mostly my WTF  came from how did  they Talk Her into WEARING a pink power ranger get up

She's an actor and this probably took all of an afternoon for her to film, it's good for the ol' resume.  Plus I'm sure they paid her.

Autumn

true......But can she live it down?

Vincent07

I do not care. I want more of this.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

Autumn

PRoblem Vincent07.....

Bandai Issued cease and desists and forced them to pull the videos

Edge

Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

Remmy

It is back up with a pretty big disclaimer about it having no official affiliation with Power Rangers, is not for profit, has no purpose or future beyond being a short, etc etc. Lionsgate is supposed to be developing a Power Rangers film for 2016 so I guess Saban felt this could damage the brand or cause some unreasonable (for them, anyways) expectations of what the film will have.