Main Menu

Pale Mastery, Necromancy, Ect

Started by TheWrathOfInnos, Feb 10, 2016, 02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

destinysdesire

belladonna Avatar
Feb 11, 2016 20:48:09 GMT -5  @belladonna said:
Also, I don't know of a single good or paladin character that jumps to smite someone at the first report of something necromancy or evil.  If that was the case, they are on a quick road to an alignment shift...
I never once asked anyone to go smite happy Bella, never ever ever ever, my char asked for an investigation on the matters. That's a far cry from go smite them.
Loss of empathy might well be the most enduring and deep-cutting scar of all, the silent blade of an unseen emey, tearing at our hearts and stealing more than our strength- Drizzt Do'Urden

carp6

Well I know that a paladin PC did investigate the said pc your referring too.....I also know an NPC noble checked into it as well....so things were done.

Mystic Warden

tarriel Avatar
No, mercifully I wasn't.

A harness of plate, full helmet, claymore, crossbow, twenty bolts, a shortsword and a pencil. No I don't recall why I had the pencil.
The pencil was against the really tough enemies. Because, you know... the pen(cil) is mightier than the sword.
Sindel Sinul, witch, herbswoman and tarot reader extraordinaire with a strong business sense
Diana Castelli, cute bookworm, arcane nerd, with the 'Weapon focus: book' feat
Vicky DeVille, daddy's princess, conjuring up some trouble
Melinda Moon, merc with a mouth and two tonfa-hilted short swords

Darvins

destinysdesire Avatar
belladonna Avatar
Feb 11, 2016 20:48:09 GMT -5  @belladonna said:
Also, I don't know of a single good or paladin character that jumps to smite someone at the first report of something necromancy or evil.  If that was the case, they are on a quick road to an alignment shift...
I never once asked anyone to go smite happy Bella, never ever ever ever, my char asked for an investigation on the matters. That's a far cry from go smite them.
Another thing to bear in mind if you do ask NPC's to investigate someone, they might well have found something out, and what appears to you to be them doing nothing... is a long standing tactic of Cormyr's at play, of letting some folks run free and watching who they interact with so they can swoop down on a conspiracy rather than a long guy who's partners all then crawl back into hiding.

Cormyr likes to snatch up entire groups rather than single guys. On the flip side it might be nice in such situations to have a small interaction where a character is told 'Interesting, we are watching the situation for now, but we will contact you if it develops further' or something so the character and player feel something is happening, even if on the surface it appears it isn't.