Main Menu

hak Help

Started by muliercula, Apr 29, 2022, 12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muliercula

Hello :)

I'm looking at trying out the server, but am struggling to log in. I have downloaded the Hak files from the link and extracted them to the hak folder and I can now see the player list, but cannot make a character, can you help me figure out if I missed something?

pic to show how far I have managed to get

these are all the files I extracted into the hak folder and another one below:

Getting this now:

Going to give up for a while now like most good quitters  :D

simple tech > my simple brain

Terallis

With the message of missing the talk file, that's likely that it wasn't put into the correct folder. Tlk needs to go into the tlk folder, after all. For the other thing of having downloaded all the files on the Vault, did you download and then put them in in the correct order? Gotta do all the base stuff, then the update, then the hot fix.
Eirik Hjartoreldr
Ulrik Dawnfall
Alaric

muliercula

Terallis Avatar
With the message of missing the talk file, that's likely that it wasn't put into the correct folder. Tlk needs to go into the tlk folder, after all. For the other thing of having downloaded all the files on the Vault, did you download and then put them in in the correct order? Gotta do all the base stuff, then the update, then the hot fix.
thanks so much that did it !

muliercula

One more question, do I drop the custom music files into the "hak" folder? Thanks ! (I have never used haks before as you may tell XD )

I also think I may have done something wrong as the server seems horribly laggy ('rubber banding" all the time)

muliercula

Terallis Avatar
Actually I did not know there was an order, I just D/L'd them and dropped them all in Hak. I didn't see anything about orders?

Fox²

muliercula Avatar
Terallis Avatar
Actually I did not know there was an order, I just D/L'd them and dropped them all in Hak. I didn't see anything about orders?

The haks can be installed in any order.

muliercula Avatar
One more question, do I drop the custom music files into the "hak" folder? Thanks ! (I have never used haks before as you may tell XD )

Music goes in your music folder.
Retired.

muliercula