Main Menu

Thank you for Positive DM experience (Not for aDM Feedback!)

Started by blackhound, Dec 15, 2013, 07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Epi

Ty for the recent update and everything else you guys do! <3

edit: Also really appreciate the aDM Banshee ad hocs + the quests with Terallis as of late as well

JuJuBeez

I just wanted to post here again and make my appreciation for both the staff and the community on CD known. It's been a very long time since I've had this much fun and getting to know each of you has been an absolute blessing. The staff is marvelous and you put so much work into everything that you do for the community. The new update is amazing and I find myself making Kamaria go on trips all around to see the changes, I can imagine the amount of time that was involved with it. I can't tag everyone I wish to but just sending my thanks and my love.~

canticleofcocytus

and , Thank you so much for everything over the last few months. Voss' Rashemen events really pushed me as a roleplayer to examine him as a character and figure out what's at his core and what that means for him moving forward. Anyone who is lucky enough to have either of you run a personal plot for them will be treated to the best of the best, in my opinion.

pilgrim

It's been awhile since the quest concluded, but I'd like to give big props to  for her work on the Avenging Mother Dearest plot. There were a TON of plot threads going on and I can't fathom how she managed to keep them all together into such a thrilling and exciting storyline. Extremely thoughtful and knowledgeable DM to participate in plots for. She really goes all out in every aspect, A+ stuff. 

And that's only mentioning the work on a single plot thread, not to mention fun, silly ad hocs and interpersonal interactions with NPCs. That shit is my jam. 

Thanks, Arya! <3

hera

Arya Kalarathir: Thank you so much for the constant high attention to detail, the consideration, the care and thoughtfulness you have put into the personal quest so far. Kiriku has always been very deeply rooted in her culture and traditions and you have honored that all so well, and listened to everything I asked, given so much thought to things so personal to the character. I am looking forward to how this continues to unfold.

DM Team in general: So often we become so caught up in the game we forget to appreciate how much effort, time and work you all put into things. Unpaid workers who sometimes get a little thank you at the end, but dont get told how utterly amazing and appreciated you really are for how much you bring a that extra spark to the world. Our characters are part of a living community and you give them something beyond scripted quests, you give them that extra drive. Thank you.

Terallis: Thank you for the Guardians bond plotline. Not only had it caused the characters to question morale issues, to become caught up in the lives of some amazing npc's, but its helped a very odd group learn to work together and overcome extreme personality issues... its been amazing so far.

Terallis

- Honestly, my own thoughts are much the same as Hera's. The Nameless plot for Kiri has been an absolute blast and shows you know so well what you're doing with it as well. Such a huge amount of fun, so far, having done the Little Heiress in Marsember event, the fun tea time stuff that followed, and the further lead up into this plot. It's flowed together so well as a natural progression and it's just been a huge amount of fun with all that. Thanks so much for all your hard work and attention to detail in running this plot, and really excited to see more of where it goes.

- Putting the two of you both into a combined comment to mention how awesome both of the different Runelords plots have been, overall. Being able to be involved in both on separate characters has been an honest blast. Seeing where each event ultimately goes and ends up and how my two different characters have been able to react to things so differently. All the information dumps have been great for keeping track of different parts of the whole, and overall, the entire utilizing of the Seven Deadly Sins has just been awesome.

- Also putting you both together to say how great things have been with the HWC plot. I can't honestly fathom keeping all this information, actions, etc, organized. A truly herculean task to manage all those things. Piecing things together from the start has been a lot of fun, and feels so rewarding when bits of information is found or even put together from other bits, and so forth. Really has put investigative puzzle solving to the test. A lot of major, world changing things all the involved PCs have been able to have an impact on and all. Really gives everyone that feeling of aiding in their own way.

And much as Hera pointed out as well, to all staff, it really is difficult to know how much you (and me, as well, being a DM) are truly appreciated for what you do. Bringing amazing stories and events to people, keeping players engaged in all sorts of things, and just breathing life into the whole world of the server itself. A constantly evolving construct. But more than that, that this is a game and all that you do isn't anything paid for or anything like that. Entirely to have fun and excitement, to tell those stories that you wanna tell, and keep things going strong. That selfless urge to just hop on and help others, as well, alongside these great stories. I can't say enough how appreciative I am of the staff as a whole, and the time they always put into this community, and to the players. It truly makes this such an amazing place to play and have fun. And that goes for more than just the storytellers, but everyone working on all that keeps the server afloat and evolving.
Eirik Hjartoreldr
Ulrik Dawnfall
Alaric

LichKnight

I tend to forget to give feedback after an event and i'm sorry about that! I'll try to be better at it going forward. I'll start with this thank you post :-)

I'll start with a big thank you to and for all their hard work they've put into making this amazing HWC plotline (Seriously, the amount of research that has gotten into this is incredible). I first met Melody on a different server many years ago, where he also did amazing work as a DM, so I was not surprised at all to find him DM'ing here on CD, nor surprised that HWC is so well received. Thank you both again, and thank you for involving my filthy exiled Drow. I also really enjoy reading both of your IC posts regarding the happenings around CD - It makes the server seem more alive imo. 

Next up, ! It's amazing what you can do script wise! We're all very lucky to have you here on CD and I can't wait to see what else you can cook up :) You're a great storyteller too, as you proved with your Tombstone plot. I loved every minute of it - It took us to some exciting places and I never knew where it was going next.

The entire DM team here on CD is just very friendly and helpful.

A big thank you to (Congratulations for a well deserved promotion), and for involving me in your plots - They were awesome and so much fun! (Who the hell would ever had guessed Kron would ride a dolphin through the deep sea :b) 
The three of you especially have been so lovely and friendly. I appreciate you <3 

thorien

I would like to thank  for DMing Eina's personal plotline related to her (private) PRC request! Autumn Winds will remain one of the most memorable events I ever had on CD and I wish to express my absolute gratitude for keeping me on my toes all the time and making me second-guess every single choice I made, for showing an extreme amount of patience and kindness outside the game and for being merciful, despite the constant dice curse that lingered upon me during your event. ;)

hyrulee

I just wanted to take the time to thank a few DM's who have always made this place feel welcoming, and told stories that I've genuinely been invested in.

Melody -
I really appreciate how much time and care you've put into HWC with the help of Blackheart and more picking up ad-hocs and other quests. It's been an absolutely amazing story that I'm invested in until the end! I look forward to seeing where this plot goes, and the effect that it will leave on the server. You've always been kind and understanding to me IC and OOC. I appreciate you as a DM, and as a person. I think you've done wonderful things for this server as a whole. A very unique DM who absolutely deserves praise.

Banshee - 
I just wanted to take the time to thank you for picking up Soley's personal plot. You've put in so much effort in such a short amount of time, and I genuinely appreciate the care and dedication you've put into telling that story. Even when we messed up, or missed opportunities, you ran with it! It all felt really personal and real, and I absolutely adore the quest. Thank you so much for doing this. I look forward to the Atonement, but admittedly I'll be sad when it's over. I look forward to seeing more quests from you.

Nuclear Nibbles - 
Rin's personal plot was a genuine blast, and I appreciate you taking the time to talk to me OOC about what my expectations were, and the story behind my oldest character. You really brought more life to his story, and surprised me at several points in the plot. You did wonderfully, and I don't think anyone else could have done it as much justice as you have. I'm sad that it's over, but you brought the story to a very heartfelt and meaningful end. For that I'm very grateful. Thank you Bushy.

Blackheart - 
I really don't know where to begin. I have always enjoyed your events. When I first joined this server, you made me feel welcome and were a genuine blast to RP with. Whenever I'd join events, you made me forget that I was a new player. I felt welcomed and cared for regardless of how long I had been there. You've made this server a genuine blast to play, and I'm very grateful for that. Be it Player-side or DM-side you're a genuine treat to interact with. I can't give thanks enough, especially, for your plot 'Radiance'. I absolutely adore the story, and you have created something I will adore for a very long time. Each NPC feels like a real person, and you've created an atmosphere for the players in that plot that makes it feel like we're all so much closer to one another. I've gotten the chance to talk to players I didn't speak to as much on Cormyr. It's such a unique experience that I won't forget. You've really set the bar high for DM's and their plots. I cannot give enough praise for your work on Radiance. It's absolutely wonderful and I am so glad that I get to be a part of that. Thank you so much.

platinum01

& ~ Thank you thank you for running events with such intense story and player-driven consequences. It has been a blast to participate in HWC & join so many others in a mass effort to save Cormyr and the Dalelands. It offered the opportunity to engage in role play with other characters with whom I do not often interact. Additionally, it helped the Green Wardens get their name out there, nurturing their reputation, while they bonded!! I have enjoyed both of your events so far; I definitely look forward to more!! Kudos to you both!!
Alaunlith • Amethyst • Aolinn • Craven • Daisy • Isobel • Jocelyn • Rosalind • Tisiphone • Zirzabett

JadeDragon

platinum01 Avatar
 &  ~ Thank you thank you for running events with such intense story and player-driven consequences. It has been a blast to participate in HWC & join so many others in a mass effort to save Cormyr and the Dalelands. It offered the opportunity to engage in role play with other characters with whom I do not often interact. Additionally, it helped the Green Wardens get their name out there, nurturing their reputation, while they bonded!! I have enjoyed both of your events so far; I definitely look forward to more!! Kudos to you both!!

Sir Ven

From light hearted fun, puzzles and tests, stories with depth, treasure hunts and Fox's scripting "Magic" - so often praised, discussed and praised and adored by the community.   CD would not be the place it is without them.

I and many others are very grateful.

Arya

I second what has said. The snowball hunting has been a nice way to turn off my brain when I need breaks from the Toolset, and the names and titles for Phildave have been amusing. :-D

I do not think I will reach the best snowglobe, but it has been fun regardless! Thank you for adding some lighthearted fun that we have definitely needed lately.

Best,
Arya

"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

DubiousScroll

Giving a shout out for always helping me set up with my altitus and always being a good sport about it.

Thank you!

Nymera

Because an impromptu cooking class was some of the most fun and creative RP for so many PCs that I've seen in awhile!  (And for so many other great quests, but this one delighted me most recently)