Main Menu

Rogues thieves etc

Started by Darvins, Sep 25, 2015, 01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darvins

A while back there was talk of maybe getting some sort of Thieves Guild going, with Bella bringing the issue of Factions etc up, I thought it was time to return to that idea. So shock horror, Erliza started to make steps towards that, but a few of the people she spoke to then took a break, but I would like to see if there is any interest in picking it back up again. (Indeed Erliza's Tea Shop was to be the front of this Collective)

As a brief guide, as much as Erliza would be given free reign very picky on how they operated, I don't think we have the numbers right now to be that picky, I don't want to do this if it means half the people who might be interested don't join because of my Chars restrictions, if this was a few years ago in NWN and the server could handle two competing factions for the same basic PC type it'd be different but.... yeah. Maybe in time it will grow that way in which case, yay! For now through...

So what's my idea, this is not a 'Take over the underworld' Guild, this is a group of people who have banded together to share tips, to work on jobs when their styles mesh, to make money. The main focus is to share tips and to be strong enough that the real 'Guilds' such as say the Shadow Thieves decide it's too much hassle to force this group to play ball, that while they would win any war against this group, the cost of fighting it would be bigger than any gains they would make. 

There's no force to make someone do something, so if someone in the collective is happy doing a B+E and killing they can get together with others with that, if someone else is not they can refuse the job etc. In theory anyone setting up a job basically gets to set the conditions for the job, and what they are looking for.

Nooow something like this is still very much being worked out, but I'm curious if there is interest through I'm aware some people may wish to keep which PC is interested in joining a thieves collective to themselves. So if your interested but don't want it public I'm happy to get a PM and post any comments you want to say here for you.

There is more but I'd rather not set everything out as I see it without other people getting a chance to give input.

Valimar Dragonbane

I have no shortage of rogues in my vault and rarely need an excuse for making new ones.  I'll try to get in touch with you in game to discuss possibilities.
Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett

Adventure is just bad planning. - Roald Amundsen

Goat

I have a roguely fellow who could use some roguely connections.

Wittle Dreamer

If you guys plan on a rogue faction I would be happy to make some thieving / assassination events for the lot of you. Just let me know what you plan.

onivel

I've got a couple of roguery peeps in my vault.. one already rather infamous in the Arabel underground though he has not been seen or heard from in some time. His trade name was Silk. A deadly dark clad elven.

The other a quiet soft spoken hin.
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

Edge

I've got a Weapon Master who is roguishly inclined in the "every thieves' guild needs someone to be the Muscle" way.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

Deleted

I'd have Cara join in, but she is a bit higher than everyone else...

Alternatively, Shayla's an option.

ladybug

Haze might be interested.
SDM Sto Helit

When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. - C. S. Lewis

valiea987

If Serra is approved, she might join. There are ways for thieves to still be morally good... :D

Nokteronoth

Bela might be interesting in shenanigans, but she's aloof and not particularly active at the moment.

~BR

Darvins

Okay wow this is already more than I feared, I had this vision of me speaking to crickets I have to admit. Okay I'll try to grab people and we can brainstorm the sticky bits such as folks finding out about each other which is the hardest part of such things. It's not like we can advertise for 'Dodgy people wanted' in game;)

Autumn

I and my sneaky Silence are trapped in pc repair heck.

Misty

Nina might be interested. Would depend on the feel of it all, due to past reasons. Ect.
Of course you should fight with fire. You should fight everything with fire.
---
There's too many they consumed everything

Deleted

Cara's public persona is pretty well known, at least for being a trapspringer/lockpick type.

Fire Wraith

I dunno, guys, there might not be enough interest. :P
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."