'Tis true my form is something odd,
But blaming me is blaming God;
Could I create myself anew
I would not fail in pleasing you.
If I could reach from pole to pole
Or grasp the ocean with a span,
I would be measured by the soul;
The mind's the standard of the man.

—poem used by Joseph Merrick, Aka the Elephant Man, to end his letters, adapted from "False Greatness" by Isaac Watts

Atomic Twinkie

Amaiss:
"Ideas are more powerful than [weapons]. We would not let our enemies have [weapons], why should we let them have ideas.
"
Joseph Stalin

"Sorrow is knowledge, those that know the most must mourn the deepest, the tree of knowledge is not the tree of life.
"
-Lord Byron

"I am bone, and flesh and skin. If you cut me then I will bleed red, just as you, and I will die. We are, in flesh, equals despite our differences in physique and intellect, and despite our opposing viewpoints. Consider first your own mortality, before considering the mortality of others."

Clay:
"You can look me in the eye when I kill you"
-War (Darksiders)

"All I remember is what I have lost"
Kratos (God of War)

Goirin:
"You put the lime in the coconut and drink it all up"
-Harry Nilsson

threeguesses

Priya: Lamb! So soft!

realityjumper

Priya:

Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad.

~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and have the courage to accept the love in return.
~Maya Angelou

Lena:

Maybe its not always about trying to fix something broken. Maybe its about starting over and creating something better.

"the moon is hiding in
her hair.
The
lily
of heaven
full of all dreams,
draws down.

cover her briefness in singing
close her with the intricate faint birds
by daisies and twilights
Deepen her,

Recite
upon her
flesh
the rain's

pearls singly-whispering."

~e.e.Cummings

Tindra:

"I cannot promise to be there the rest of your life, but I promise to love you for the rest of mine."

"Death floats on the air, creeps through the window, comes with the handshake of a stranger. If we stop living because we fear death, then we have already died." ~ Raistlin Majere

Ogre Time Yay

I like the idea of this topic...

Deleted

Rhea:

"Sometimes I'm terrified of my heart; of its constant hunger for whatever it is it wants. The way it stops and starts."

― Edgar Allan Poe

Colin Mack

Kyle Fox

Rocky Balboa: Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you're hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done.

Atomic Twinkie

I love the amount of references. Bat'leth, Lightsaber, Zabimaru's sword (Naruto), sword from Thundercats, Link's Master Sword. Probably others.

suddenperihelion

Atomic Twinkie Avatar
I love the amount of references. Bat'leth, Lightsaber, Zabimaru's sword (Naruto), sword from Thundercats, Link's Master Sword. Probably others.

I recognize final fantasy and star trek

Valimar Dragonbane

He-Man's Sword of Power is right next to the lightsaber.  Such a nerdy image! XD
Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett

Adventure is just bad planning. - Roald Amundsen

Edge

Yeah Adventure Time is awesome for nerdy stuff. Like the one episode where Finn meets the displacer displaced beast.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

Deleted

Alex

The harder I work, the luckier I become. – Terry Prachet

The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. – Martin Luther King, Jr.

Treat those who are good with goodness, and also treat those who are not good with goodness. Thus goodness is attained. Be honest to those who are honest, and be also honest to those who are not honest. Thus honesty is attained. – Lao Tzu

Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart. – Anne Frank

Whether you're beaten or pampered, fed the best foods or starved, kept in filth or kept clean, a cage is still a cage. – Anne Bishop

I can heal the scars on your body, but I can't heal the scars of the soul. Not yours, not mine. You have to learn to live with them. You have to choose to live beyond them. – Anne Bishop

Morghan

When I'm good, I'm very good. But when I'm bad I'm better. – Mae West

Rhea

We know how it ends practically before it starts. That's why stories appeal to us. They give us the clarity and simplicity our real lives lack. – Anne Bishop

Edge

Faethe Yraishvim

"Make a man a fire, you'll keep him warm for a night. Set a man on fire, you'll keep him warm for the rest of his life." ~ Terry Pratchett

"Man has a love for fire. Napalm, white phosphorus, promethium, oil, gasoline, meltas, plasmas, firestorms, incendiaries, firepower, fireline, flamethrower, fireteam, firefighter, the flames of war, fire, fire, fire. What else could be said to have benefited as much from man as fire? What other element has been defended, nursed, tutored, fed, and loved more than fire? Our cities, our books, our people, our enemies, our friends, our dead, our living, our greatest works and most heinous feats; all of them, fed to the ever hungry flames, And there it is, Years of brilliant minds worked on that one. For warfare, for country, for humanity? No. We wanted to see what fire, raw unchained flame, could do." ~ Love Can Bloom

"Of course you can fight fire with fire. You can fight anything with fire!" ~ Kyros, Irregular Webcomic

Megan Tentazione

"Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up." ~ Terry Pratchett

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." ~ Marilyn Monroe

"There is no great genius without a mixture of madness." ~ Aristotle

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." ~ Robin Williams

"The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success." ~ Bruce Feirstein

"Look I probably should have told you this before but you see... well... insanity runs in my family... It practically gallops." ~ Mortimer Brewster, Arsenic and Old Lace

Edge Stormfall

"I suppose it is tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail." ~ Abraham Maslow

Viral: "Our attacks aren't powerful enough! The drill can't get through!"
Simon: "So you mean we're gonna have to use an even bigger drill?"
~ Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

"I told you; I don't make things. I break things." ~ Wreck-It Ralph

"We tried no smashing, and that didn't work. I'm sticking to my strengths. And smashing is my strengths. I just need to find the right way to smash him." ~ Coop, Megas XLR
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

onivel

Alton "Seldon" Doth'isheal

"Winners embrace hard work. They love the discipline of it, the trade-off they're making to win. Losers, on the other hand, see it as punishment. And that's the difference."
~ Lou Holtz

"Pain was their body's way of telling them that they'd pushed themselves to their limits -- which was exactly where they were supposed to be."
~ Richard Marcinko

"We all knew there was just one way to improve our odds for survival: train, train, train. Sometimes, if your training is properly intense it will kill you. More often -- much, much more often -- it will save your life." ~ Richard Marcinko

"The wolf cares not how many the sheep may be" ~ Plato

"Beware the fury of a patient man" ~ John Dryden

"A man's greatest work is to break his enemies, to drive them before him, to take from them all the things that have been theirs, to hear the weeping of those that cherished them, to take their horses between his knees and press in his arms the most desirable of their women."
~ Genghis Khan
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

onivel

Bastion Kinoshi

"A true gentleman is one that apologizes anyways, even though he has not offended a lady intentionally. He is in a class all of his own because he knows the value of a woman's heart." ~ Shannon L. Alder

"Better to die ten thousand deaths than wound my honor."
~ Joseph Addison

"A person dishonored is worse than dead.
" ~ Miguel de Cervantes
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.