Main Menu

Throwing Weapons

Started by spamtastic1979, Mar 08, 2017, 01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spamtastic1979

Is there any place in CD that sells throwing weapons greater then +3?

Are there throwing weapons in the upper loot tables, or are they as rare as regular epic items?

Anything like Throwing axes with unlimited ammo, or darts etc?

Was just curious if these things exist on the server.

Edge

I don't believe any shop on the server sells any weapons at all above +3.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

Arya

What he said. Everything else is to be found in loot tables.

Sincerely,
Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

Misty

Never seen any kind of unlimited throwing weapon on CD, generally you need to use a specific system for that, like an item that 'creates' the throwable far as I know.

..Generally you'll want to use longbows, everything else just lacks options.
Of course you should fight with fire. You should fight everything with fire.
---
There's too many they consumed everything

Edge

I've always wanted to have the Bracer of Infinite Knives on the server.

I tend to prefer throwing weapons on my high-strength characters, since it takes full advantage of the bonus damage without the limits of mighty, but for a dedicated ranged combat character yeah you're probably going to need to stick to bows.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

Arya

I like throwing daggers since it fits my main, but the same woes are there.

What would be nice is if a bag of some kind actually sold a 100% weight reduction just for throwing knives. Like there is for medical kits, etc.

Sincerely,
Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

Nokteronoth

You can find some throwing weapon stacks, but even purple gear its pretty rare, and they aren't particularly good compared to anything else.

Throwing weapons 'are' stupidly heavy in NWN, but they are in real life, too. But sadly, due to NWN combat, you need in the hundreds for a single dungeon. Solutions for this on other servers tend to be 'ammo spawning' items, for X amount of gold you can make Y stacks of an item, or just pay for the initial creation costs. (This would be more balanced with bows that have unlimited ammo.)

~BR