Main Menu

Some head diversity!

Started by Wittle Dreamer, May 22, 2015, 09:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wittle Dreamer

Hey there,

Might be rather early to start poking suggestions but I could not help but notice at character creation that a few head options were either rather off or not really 'new' considering what is out there in some of the haks. I've been snooping about and came across these haks that I would like to suggest for integration:

neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/model/more-asian-heads

(wonderful smooth and round heads)

neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/original-hakpak/kotor-heads

(The human models of this one)

neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/combined/arias-heads-override

(and more diversity here)

neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/original-hakpak/whitefall-heads

(and more...)

thorien

Kotor heads are implemented as far as I know, or at least few of them.

Deleted

There are actually quite a few heads implemented.  Did you speak with the PC Appearance changer?

Wittle Dreamer

I have but a lot of them were invisible or the blocky type. Found only two that were rather smooth.

Vincent07

On those packs:

1: Most Asian heads were omitted, as Cormyr is nowhere near Kara-Tur, where those features would be more prevalent.  That said, one or two of those look like heads we have.

2: We have all of those Kotor heads, sans the twi-lek, for obvious reasons.

3: We have all of those heads as well.

4: We appear to have most of the heads pictured here.  Or variations thereof.

Really, we have a lot of heads. It's actually a bit of a problem when I went to look at adding a few more, as the human female category is just about at its limit.  
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

Wittle Dreamer

I'll be checking out the new 3D modelling program I have in the coming weeks. Maybe I can make a few heads for CD.

thorien

Wow, you can do it? I have more than few ideas of weapons - I could send you some skeches. The question is (attention Admins), would it be possible to add them with next HAK update? Currently I have crossbow, bow, spear (lance skin), two handed sword (cleaver type, but not like Final Fantasy one, much more "legit"), few knives/daggers and more than few shield designs (I can help with texturing).

Edge

Wittle Dreamer Avatar
I'll be checking out the new 3D modelling program I have in the coming weeks. Maybe I can make a few heads for CD.
Well, as Vincent said... we have a lot, and are running out of space for more. Unless you plan to limit the additions primarily to males and/or lesser used races like dwarves, gnomes, halflings, and half-orcs, there's really not a ton of space to add new ones.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

Calabask

Maybe some of the newer heads are more high res and smoother? Might be able to rip them from haks and whatnot.

Arya

I honestly think other than a few heads for the elf and human females, we do not need anymore for them; maybe one or two from other servers that implemented the new heads, and that is it.  The male humanoids, and then the less represented races such as dwarves, gnomes, hin, and half-orcs...those definitely can use more heads. 

Sincerely,
Arya
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

trylobyte

We really do have a TON of heads.  The main thing is that there's only a few of them that are really popular, those being the nicer-looking 'generic' heads.  Especially notable with human/elven females, since while they have an overwhelming number of heads, they only have a few that people actually use.

Fire Wraith

I'd like to have better ones, myself. I've seen what can be done, and the old NWN ones are just... inferior, to be blunt. We don't have quite nearly the diversity of head use by PCs.  There's really only maybe 20-25 heads that see any regular use. Most are variants on a handful of heads. Some would never be used, ever.  Having more would be a good thing, I think.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

Calabask

Well, if people want me to through on my hard hat and go diving into the Sinfar haks for the umpteenth for the eighty thousandth time, I can!

thorien

Yeah, give us walrus head, we need it now!

Wittle Dreamer

Calabask Avatar
Well, if people want me to through on my hard hat and go diving into the Sinfar haks for the umpteenth for the eighty thousandth time, I can!

Yeeees pls