Main Menu

Favored Soul Weapon Proficiency

Started by BlackmoreKnight, Aug 22, 2020, 10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackmoreKnight

Consider that I'm a Favored Soul of a deity with a favored weapon that's either martial or exotic. In NWN2 and PnP, I would receive the appropriate proficiency with that weapon. Due to, I imagine, how deity choice in NWN1 is just a text box and how this class is a custom built one with that in mind, no such proficiency is automatically gained here. Is this something that should be granted for free via a LETO request or the like, or do Favored Souls have to burn the appropriate feats to get proficiency? If I've already created and done things with a Favored Soul character, including taking a proficiency, is it appropriate to ask for a LETO feat addition for the feat I should have gotten had I not taken proficiency at level 3 instead?

Shantis

BlackmoreKnight Avatar
Consider that I'm a Favored Soul of a deity with a favored weapon that's either martial or exotic. In NWN2 and PnP, I would receive the appropriate proficiency with that weapon. Due to, I imagine, how deity choice in NWN1 is just a text box and how this class is a custom built one with that in mind, no such proficiency is automatically gained here. Is this something that should be granted for free via a LETO request or the like, or do Favored Souls have to burn the appropriate feats to get proficiency? If I've already created and done things with a Favored Soul character, including taking a proficiency, is it appropriate to ask for a LETO feat addition for the feat I should have gotten had I not taken proficiency at level 3 instead?
Another staff member will be able to detail it better, but the weapon proficiency requirement is more for Prcs (Champion or divine discipule, for example).

Favored Soul and Cleric are optional to get, although it helps in the roleplay and posture of the character if you get icly.

If you have already created the character and do not want / do not need the feat, you can request a modification by leto later, if necessary.

BlackmoreKnight

That's not quite what I was getting at, sorry if I phrased it badly. Favored Soul here gets a bonus feat at 3 that's meant to be Weapon Focus in whatever weapon your deity favors (as the in-game text box describing the class says, you are required to put the bonus feat at level 3 into that). It's possible, or rather likely, that your deity favors a martial or exotic weapon, meaning in order to fulfill that requirement you have to take as your level 1 or level 3 general feat the appropriate weapon proficiency to be able to use the weapon to then take weapon focus in.

If it's instead supposed to be a situation where it's just a suggestion and not a requirement that you take WF in the favored weapon, then the class description in-game should be amended to say that.

Fox²

It's a requirement of the class to take your deity's favored weapon as your bonus weapon focus and weapon specialization feats, yes.

If you are not able to select your deity's favored weapon as a choice because you do not have the required weapon proficiency feat, then you need to take a placeholder weapon choice and submit a LETO to correct the weapon focus and weapon specialization feats to your deity's favored weapon. Because of the way NWN works, this unfortunately will mean you cannot equip that weapon unless you somehow gain the required weapon proficiency feat by another means such as with a class that grants the feat, or by taking the appropriate weapon proficiency feat on a level up.

If you are not able to select your deity's favored weapon as a choice because you already have it, then you can select another weapon choice to keep.
Retired.

Vincent07

You will need to take the required proficiency feat to be able to wield your deity's favored weapon, as that is needed to qualify for the focus and specialization feats.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel