Main Menu

Mighty Rage changes?

Started by necromancingthestone, May 06, 2022, 10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

necromancingthestone

I have been reading as much as I can about barbarians and how the class and their various feats have been modified here. I have a question:  Normally Mighty rage delivers a +8 strength and con bonus 3/day. Barbarian rage has been changed from strength and con bonuses to ab/damage (and more). Does Mighty rage still deliver the strength and con bonuses? Or does it do something else? 

all the entry under feat changes says is:

"Mighty Rage
STR and CON requirements reduced to 20"

so I'm guessing it's effects are unchanged? Just seems strange when rage has been so radically altered, that I wanted to make sure. 

Nokteronoth

Mighty Rage has not, at the moment, been altered in what it does, just the requirements.

~BR

psieco

I concur with our dwarven friend. Barbarrian with dual class is weak, i have 260 hp, when i enter in rage turn hp to 266 dont do change, maybe a pure barb are more strong i dont know, but now rage is useless, i thought.

Garage Trashcan

Rage, at current, is extremely good and with the scaling to 25+ barbarian levels (which BR levels count for), basically makes Might Rage obsolete. I'd be very wary of giving barbarians another extremely potent tool.

And I say that as someone with a T6 Barbarian. The class is already extremely good and doesn't need to be stronger.
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

Edge

It's one of those classes that works best if you go as much into it as possible. The more you multiclass (with the exception of Battlerager) the more you lose out on.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda