Main Menu

EXP caps/system-what are they?

Started by sammael757, Mar 12, 2014, 04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammael757

Heya all!

I've been gone for quite a while, as RL often gets in the way. As the title implies: What are the caps/what is the new system? I read a (now locked) thread discussing the experience caps and suggestions for them, but no one actually said what they -are-. I can find the listing on the old forums, but not on this one; from the sounds of things, the caps have apparently changed since then. Please note, this is not an attempt to pick up where any other threads on this topic have left off or open a grudge session, but to see in writing what the current system is (at which point, I would respectfully request an administrator lock this post as well). Thank you!  :)

Fire Wraith

There's a couple of different caps.  I may get these numbers slightly wrong, as they've been tweaked a bit, but here goes:

First is the Daily Auto-XP cap.  This is XP you get for being on, playing, and interacting with other players.  It caps out at either 300 or 400 per day, and is reset daily sometime in the morning.

Second is the Monster Hunting XP cap.  This kicks in at level 9, and at first limits you to gaining 8000xp for each level from monster kills.  Thus, at level 9 you need to get 1000xp from DM events, Auto-XP, etc, in addition to the monster murderizing, at level 10 you'll need 2000, et cetera.  At level 14 or so, the amount you can get from monsters drops to 3000xp per level.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

Vincent07

Correction.

Hunting cap starts at level 8.  Only 7k is huntable, 1k must be DM/RP xp.  That 7k stays constant throughout.  So there is 2k rp at 9, 3k at 10 etc.
There is a hard cap wait at 20 for epic progress.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

sammael757

Gotcha. Last summer-ish I went on extended hiatus, and at that time they were as FW gave . So the only change seems to be that the soft-cap was lowered from 9th to 8th, but all else is the same. Cool beans, thanks gentlemen :-)

Garage Trashcan

Actually, leveling is now smoother. While the earlier levels (8-13) are now longer, 14-20 is now faster as you can get more hunting XP per-level now.
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

Vincent07

It's a smoother curve now, if a bit faster, especially with high DM event participation.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

Kymus

The first rule of XP caps is: don't talk about XP caps.

Garage Trashcan

Kymus Avatar
The first rule of XP caps is: don't talk about XP caps.
You're confusing that with the admin's extensive sex toy collection.
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich