Main Menu

EVIIIIIL!!! Muahaha

Started by Ogre Time Yay, Apr 14, 2014, 09:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ogre Time Yay

*Random nose bleed.*

.............. I just had an awesome idea! (1437th time I said that).

Okay, I'm gonna throw this idea out there, big plus if people are all for it! I'm gonna make a character... That's EVIIIIIL!... Sorta.
He's gonna be a Halfling, and he's gonna be your typical classic evil villain, evil laugh included. I think I'll call him something like "The Evil Lord", or something like that. However, while he's a mastermind of wrong doing, he's more a villain that causes crimes through petty pranks, theft on occasions, and masterminding eviiiiil traps to capture those darned heroes in.

That's where the heroes of the CD server come in, every time he puts forward his evil plan, it's up to the heroes of Cormyr and the Dalelands to foil it. He'll do crimes like these once every other week (because I get the feeling the little bastard is gonna get arrested... Alot...)

He won't murder, nor kill anyone, nor will his crimes cause long term humiliation or injury to others. As it stands, he's just a kid who went through too many stories and ended up becoming a wannabe super villain, similar to the ones he hears about in said stories. I don't intend for his EVIIIIL events to last any longer than a day, unless he really put his heart into a plan...

He's not truly fully evil(he just tries to be), he's kind of a coward, he's still kind of young(maybe a teen), and his mother would tan his hide if she found out about this. At worst he'll be an annoyance more than a danger to the adventurers, and I think it would be a neat way of giving players something to do on a slow day. Who knows, there might even be some hidden good intention behind what he's doing... Or something, like whatev... >_>

GOOD IDEA OR NO!?!?!?111/1//1

Garage Trashcan

The only reason you thought of this is because Tessa and I are still waiting for Swordmage to make our Dweomered Duo superhero characters and recruit people to the Just-Us league.

80s cartoons will feel violated in a way they never have before.
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

Ogre Time Yay

THEN IT'S DECIDED!

This is to be done... It is to be done!!!

Garage Trashcan

Kelly Williams (who is totally NOT the Mithral Falcon, protector of the weak and defender of justice)will have nothing to do with such a cartoonish villain.

The Red Mage

I'd just suggest to make it not so cartoonish or anime. We have a lot of new players, so try to keep it somewhat mature and interesting. Every character you make represents the server.

Garage Trashcan

If it's not completely and ridiculously over the top, you're doing it wrong.

Characters can be changed and adapted as their surroundings dictate. Until then, our ridiculously cheezy concepts shall reign supreme.

Not Batman

Yeah, gunna have to agree with the picture. You're basically making Butters.

Vincent07

I'm going to be blunt.

I really don't want to see cartoonish black-hat villains like that.  It's terribly immersion breaking, and there's little reason why the law wouldn't just execute them eventually.  And that's assuming a paladin doesn't smite you first.  It's a trope and it's silly and frankly I think it has no place here.

Evil can be done, but it needs to be done right.  Be insidious, subtle.  The good guys shouldn't know you're evil until it's far, far too late for them to do something about it.  
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

trylobyte

This guy?

Imagine the same sort of cartoonish villainy, done by the same evil midget with the same stereotypically evil title and all the mustache-twirling goodness that goes with it, only he's also a mage so powerful that he could kill Elminster in a duel without breaking a sweat.  That's Veigar, the Tiny Master of Evil, from League of Legends.  This may be the inspiration you're looking for - Not quite sure how to be evil in a meaningful, effective, goal-accomplishing way, but too terrifyingly strong to deal with.  I would support it as a questline, or as a recurring plot villain, but not as a PC character for that reason - The power has to be there before this could be done effectively.  The guards would need some reason they can't handle him on their own.

The Red Mage

Garage Trashcan Avatar
If it's not completely and ridiculously over the top, you're doing it wrong.

Characters can be changed and adapted as their surroundings dictate. Until then, our ridiculously cheezy concepts shall reign supreme.

I think those ideas are backwards. "Ridiculously cheezy concepts" will only change the surroundings dictating other uncheezy or not ridiculous concepts the need to break character to even approach them.

Garage Trashcan

Implying characters that force everyone to break character merely to interact with them don't already exist. To my understanding, the philosophy of the server is that we can all play what we want, within reason. If you choose not to RP with someone because of style, etc, that already happens. The existence of these characters will change nothing. That is not saying that if Hyde wishes to play his described character the concept needs tweaking (a mischievous evil who really isn't anything more than mildly annoying). But it's one of the reasons why my character concept is a little more "balanced." Kelly is basically normal and boring and is more there to just be supportive, friendly, and kind.

The Mithral Falcon is there to make everyone facepalm and want to strangle him as he makes food-based justice puns.

Not Batman

Or maybe we just play "Dungeons and Dragons" and not "Jesters and Pies"?

The Red Mage

I don't have anything against the character ideas. I like the evil prankster idea. I just would rather see them in quest lines as NPCs or villians rather than as PCs.

Ogre Time Yay

I just won't do it if it's such an issue, I mean it's only a character I planned on using once every blue moon for maybe a little comic relief or -something-, I never really had the intention of making an attempt at a hostile take over of the server to turn it into Looney Toons.

I have actually seen similar things to my idea pulled off on the CD server on multiple occasions and ended up being enjoyed most of the time by those who played along, so much so that I didn't really see an issue with this idea.

I'm not attached to the idea enough to debate on why it should be though, it's an idea I'll just discard.