Main Menu

Alignment Game

Started by dagesh, May 16, 2014, 02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagesh

So as I watch movies and shows, I get to thinking about people's alignments in those shows.  I'm a nerd.  So are you.  So, I'd like us to find video clips to show an example of a certain alignment.  I'll start:

Lawful Good:

Arya

Her demeanour at times make her seem TN or CN, but when you watch the movie, you start seeing she may actually be trying for a redeeming spy-ish Neutral Good or Chaotic Good.

The Black Widow:

Granted, this is the movie version. The comics represent a very different person, depending on the continuity!

Sincerely,
Arya

"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

sinisteromnibus

Matoi Ryuko is as CG as they come. Also a great show!

Coincidentally, I think Satsuki would be Chaotic Neutral which is funny since in the show she's in a position of lawful authority for the most part. :P

Arya

Like I said: completely dependent on which version. :P
"I will break the chains of our past, the hold of Empires my ancestors swore against. My sins began with him, they will end with me, Seldarine witness to my defiance!" -- Daeatria Ravenshadow

"Our failings did not mean no Dream was. Some fought for it, many died for it." --Kan'itae Ravenshadow

Not Batman

She's pretty much the same in most continuities except for Ultimates, but then again, the 1610 lost all of my respect after Ultimatum.

Arya

She seems NG on the edge of TN in the Winter Soldier when she finally confided in the Captain. *Shrug.*  

We can talk about it elsewhere if it is that important.

~Arya

Deleted

dagesh Avatar
So as I watch movies and shows, I get to thinking about people's alignments in those shows.  I'm a nerd.  So are you.  So, I'd like us to find video clips to show an example of a certain alignment.  I'll start:

Lawful Good: Robocop

I'd argue that Robocop is more Lawful Neutral with Good tendencies, based on what I remember.  Granted, that wasn't much...

Lawful Good:  Superman - Strict personal code, but always does the right thing.

Lawful Neutral:  Malcom Reynolds - Strict personal code, but willing to do what "needs" doing.

Lawful Evil:  The Operative - Strict personal code, but willing to do anything to further his goal.

Chaotic Evil:  Joker - Does this need an explanation?

dagesh

Good call on Robocop.  I can see that. LN on Captain Mal? That's hard to say.  Is lawful for personal code or for the an objective law? Hard to say.

Arya

RoboCop could be LN in the series, but I could see either LG or LN in the new movie.  I think those on the line are always hard to pinpoint.

Superman, no argument.  Even and especially in the new movie.

~Arya

Fire Wraith

Mal definitely isn't LN.  LN works within the established societal system, Mal was much more in the TN to CG orbit.

Remember, L vs C is also about society/group vs individual.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

allatum

You want lawful neutral? Here's lawful neutral:
Dredd.

sinisteromnibus

allatum Avatar
You want lawful neutral? Here's lawful neutral:
Dredd.
I actually enjoyed this movie a great deal even though many people I know thought it was crap, and I agree. Dredd is the ultimate LN - especially in the movie where he fights the merc judges. Totally LN the whole way through.

Edge

Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

Arya

Yesss!  Thank you Edge! :-D

~Arya

dagesh

That's awesome Edge.