Main Menu

NWVault is dead again

Started by Yaldabaoth, Jun 26, 2014, 04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yaldabaoth

Looks like it might be the big one, this time.  The Vault has been replaced with some silly wiki, and all the files have vanished.  In the meantime, we have this: Neverwinter Vault.  It doesn't appear to even be remotely comprehensive, and the navigation is eye-bleedingly awful.  

Garage Trashcan

Aaaand the old URL forwards to the NW MMO page. Fun.

Guess it's a good thing we have the haks on modnexus.
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

Vincent07

The old vault is gone for good this time.  I was able to access it for a few days and snag some stuff, but even with my hosts edit I can't do so now.  It's gone.  Sad.  

That said, the new vault, while not as pretty, is slowly being populated with all of the old content, which was archived.  From what I've gathered via the bioware NWN forums, there's some 40k+ entries, so it's going to take a bit of time.  Sadly the search and categorizing features of the new Vault are not on par with the old one, but it's better than nothing and hopefully will improve with time.  I know someone offered to make a new skin for it a few days ago.

This won't effect us much, as our haks are now all on Nexus.  I grabbed a lot of what I thought I might want for any current/future hak updates a few months ago, and I have updated links to the new vault versions for a few projects that I'm waiting on updates for.

Either way, it's a shame to see it go out.  Hopefully the various community driven sites can pick up the slack.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel