Main Menu

Complete Healing Kits?...

Started by Ogre Time Yay, Nov 25, 2014, 03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ogre Time Yay

For about two months or more now, I've been noticing a lack of Complete Healing Kits in the Temple of Selune, where there use to be an infinite amount for purchase. I assumed it was because of the current plague quest going on, and the DMs wanted to make it seem like all supplies were being exhausted on the sick, which is cool, kudos to that idea. I'm here to make sure that's the case though, The only Healing Kits available at regular Healing Kits, which do next to nothing for a character with over 400 HP. Anyone know when the Complete Healing Kits (Or better) will be making a return?

I long for their embrace again...

*Hair blows in the wind.*

Deleted

Fairly sure Vincent removed them intentionally, for good.

Ogre Time Yay

belladonna Avatar
Nov 25, 2014 16:01:00 GMT -5  @belladonna said:
Fairly sure Vincent removed them intentionally, for good.
... No... NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

;_;

Edge

Yeah, they were removed for being just a tad too good for the price.

If you're at the level that the regular old healing kits just don't cut it anymore, I think the intent is you should move up to Heal/Lesser Heal potions.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

Vincent07

Correct. The potions are there for use at high level / high hp pools.

Also as a gold sink. <_<
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

Ogre Time Yay

That's a fair trade off, I notice some potions of Heal in the temple. They cost around 100,000 per 10. How good are those?... If they're as good as I think they are (For that price...), I might just have to make an attempt to stock up on them.

Edge

Lesser Heal potions heal between 70-90 HP a use. Heal potions are about double that.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.

Nymera

I wish I knew this before I burned through my old stack of 50 +10 heal kits.  <.<   I could have resold those for a good amount!

Garage Trashcan

Only a stack of 50?

I don't know how people didn't have 1000+ of those saved up >.> *cough*

Also I believe the Taverler's Hand merchant has the cheapest heal pots...might be the temple of Tymora but I don't think those are set to infinite.
Torsten Solberg - Jovial Jotunkind
Halonya Gabranth - Paladin of Hoar
Alethra Duskmantle - Spoiled Socialite
Retired PCs: Felix Greentrack, Nikolai Mikhailovich

Edge

I think the base prices are all the same, but Appraise checks and other factors may affect the final prices differently.

ClockworkMayhem

Edge Avatar
I think the base prices are all the same, but Appraise checks and other factors may affect the final prices differently.
Oh, they do.

Voss spends around 100K without any appraise gear, and can get it down to around 90K I think, with his two rings of shopping and his gloves of greater appraisal.

Mouse, with her base ranks in appraise, her INT fully buffed (the total +12 with gear and Fox's Cunning), two rings of shopping, her Green and Gold dress with its appraise, her greater gloves of Appraisal...

Still a lot at 77,000, but it does make a huge difference!

The Red Mage

I have never bought any of the lesser or greater versions of the heal potions. I've always trashed excess gold on my characters, but now I have a feeling I'm going to need to actually start using them as a gold dump now.

-edit- Which is a good thing. More gold dumps. 

realityjumper

Is there anything for the ones that stay to the outer edge of the battle other than to shoot arrows or sing? I have at least one (Tindra) that does that, then will rush in and heal others. Another (Lena) is depended on to heal the tanks between her own attacks.
"Death floats on the air, creeps through the window, comes with the handshake of a stranger. If we stop living because we fear death, then we have already died." ~ Raistlin Majere

Edge

Get someone with scribe scroll to make scrolls of heal/mass heal for you, or make do with the kits available, really.

Though I wouldn't be averse to making scrolls of those available in the shops, either.

The Red Mage

The last thing we need is more powerful scrolls sold at vendors.