Main Menu

Teleport Key Finder

Started by Dismus, Dec 27, 2013, 01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dismus

Ok. I used to know how it worked but, for the life of me I can't remember. Is it based off a skill? Do you have to be near where you teleport in to find the key? I keep getting  ? ? ? ? when I use it in some areas so I assume you are able to teleport to it and some areas get the obvious can't teleport here message. Can some one shed some light on this. You would think I would have this after playing on this server since 2006. :-/

Deleted

From what I remember, it's based off of Spellcraft.  However, areas can have their key hidden, in which case they become a guessing game.  (Usually the key is part of the area name, but not always.)

Yaldabaoth

I remember testing this out with Runaiwem one day, and even he couldn't get the teleport key finder to display the key name for the Drunken Badger Inn.  I have honestly never understood the point of the hidden keys.  What is that meant to represent, ICly?  You've been to this area before, but you can't remember how to teleport there unless you can play guess the noun for an hour or two?  Some of the teleport keys have very unintuitive names, which makes this more problematic.  The Drunken Badger is quite likely the worst offender.  If I recall, it's "A Quiet Clearing".  That took Runaiwem and myself the better part of 2 hours to guess one day.

The Red Mage

I haven't been able to get mine to work either, but the character I was trying it on doesn't have... skills.

Vincent07

There is a spellcraft check required to get the key to list.

Some keys are hidden, resulting in  ???? when used.  This usually means the keys are visible elsewhere, either the area name or something, but this is not always the case.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel