Main Menu

RP XP Script Edit (Minor)

Started by Nokteronoth, Feb 05, 2015, 11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nokteronoth

I apologize if this has been discussed before, merely thought of it while messing around today.

Would it be possible to add a 'RP XP daily cap reached." message once you hit that 300 for the day? 

Not thinking about giving the amount, but once it's hit, it might let you know. Simply asking because I'll wander out somewhere, and my combat logs will be full of ...well. Combat. And so I lose track of where my RP XP is. And if I don't write down my daily number in my journal, I'll return from a dungeon of some sort and have no idea what the number is at. And waste quite a bit of time trying to see if I hit the cap or not.

So, if it isn't too hard, I would like to suggest a 'cap reached' message once you hit it. Slightly breaks immersion, but could save time if you're not actively RPing.

~BR

Vincent07

This is probably doable.  Though the tick fires every 10 minutes, and all told it takes about 3 hours to hit the cap for the day, if I recall the numbers properly.  (Assuming constant activity.)   But simply, if you go more than about 10 minutes without a tick, you are capped for the day.
"You think any of it matters? The things we did? The lives we destroyed. That's all that's ever gonna count. So, yeah, surprise. You're going to hell. We both are." -Angel

Edge

The main problem I see with this suggestion is that if the current problem is "I won't see my fairy ticks while in combat", adding a "you are capped" message to the script will likely be no less easy to miss. Unless it pops up a message over your head, preferably one only you can see and not anyone else in the area (just to minimize distraction), it'd likely be another line of text lost in the combat log if that were to happen.
Kestal | Bernadette | Eden | Tonya | Vaszayne | Koravia | Alastriona | Natascha | Emari | Urilias-Zhjaeve | Hiltrude | Tatya | Dioufn | Aida | Cyrillia | Megan | etc.
DM Tiamat | Szuriel | Maedhbh | Cassilda

Remmy

Perhaps /reportxp can have a secondary line added saying something like "You have received X of 300 daily XP" telling you, on command, how much you have received.

Fire Wraith

Probably wouldn't be hard to add something that shows how much you've received on a given day, yeah.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

"So long as you harbor love for this world, ever shall there be a place for you in it. Your adventures will never end."

The Red Mage

Type /report XP when you log in and add +300 into your journal. If you don't reach cap before the 300, write the current XP down and do it again the next day.