Main Menu

Marsember?

Started by jamaisvu, May 08, 2016, 05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamaisvu

Sorry it's taken so long to post this, but I was made aware by another player that there's some server-specific information about Marsember. Is there any common knowledge that someone who lived in Marsember before taking up their adventuring career should know that I wouldn't? I've tried putting things together from the forum posts, but I'm afraid I get a little jumbled up and I don't know what's available knowledge, things that wouldn't be necessarily 'canon' in lorebooks concerning Cormyr.

Thank you, all!

trylobyte

That was probably me!  

Marsember had a big plotline about a plague two years ago, details of which got lost when the old forum died, and there were some casualties among the noble families there recently if you're into the political scene at all.  Would someone with more information on these two events be so kind as to mention what an ordinary Marsember PC might know?

Kymus

Not sure when, but at some point in the future I'll be making a character from Marsember. I'm interested in any lore as well.

onivel

There were some mysterious deaths / illness in the noble family of Ireabor causing a bit of upheaval within their House and concern at Court.

Also, a young lady of House Ireabor was recently married to a younger son of House Marliir of Arabel.
" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

onivel

Sidhe Avatar
News travels fast to the Caravan City, where a hotbed of wizardry, an inter-planar nexus point, and common coster way-going all work to create an unlikely crossroads of rumors and information. The month of Eleint still proves rather hot and muggy, this year, but the promises of a brisk fall are on the tip of Chauntea's tongue. Nevertheless, travelers are on the move, and the news-telling abounds:

--The Passing: Sad news from Arabel's coastal neighbor, Marsember! After a long and ugly battle against age and illness, Lord Huthgogh of Ireabor -- a storied and just navy man and confidante of Ayesunder Truesilver, himself -- passed away on the Third of Eleint. The news is made even more tragic, given that it was just four days shy of the anniversary of his beloved wife's death at the hands of orcish raiders, on the road from Arabel. The death of a lord reaches few in Arabel as an event of great importance, but the more astute in political affairs note that the bulk of the estate is likely to pass into the hands of their eldest daughter, Lasyin -- wife of the Arabellan noble, Quentin of Marliir. Some have whispered of inheritance disputes between Lasyin and her younger brother, Heuden, another Ireabor with a strong naval background.

--Stormy South!: The end of summer is bringing its wrath onto the southern stretch of the Dragon Coast in a fit of fierce storms. Illipur, Pros, Teziir, Westgate... all of the major trading hubs of the south have been pounded with fitful winds and a torrent of rain, grounding many vessels and screeching trade into the north down to a trickle. Passage to the south is a treacherous affair, in these weeks; fortunately, Sembia is there to pick up the slack, with a resultant spike in trade between the Merchants' Haven and the Forest Kingdom, even if on a temporary basis.

--Sword Coast Shenanigans: Some political unrest has allegedly developed between the great coastal city-states of the West, involving disputes about tariff inequities in products moving between such famed cities as Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter, Waterdeep, Luskan, and the like. The lesser of the states seem to be punching hard at the western metropolis of Waterdeep, claiming some form of "Economic Tyranny" and price-gouging by the powerhouse port-city. The dispute seems largely routine for the trade cities, which makes it all the more curious that some have claimed that clandestine agencies, such as the Iron Throne, the Harpers, and the Seven Sisters have gotten involved.

--Dwarves Bold!: A small group of dwarven adventurers have setup operations in the quaint town of Thunderstone, within the southern Thunder Peaks foothills. Gold Dwarves of a noble house from the Great Rift, the dwarves have attracted a small spike of adventurers to the area, offering aid (or even competition) in the dwarves' quest to seek the fortune of their great heritage, said to be buried deep in the heart of the Thunders.

DM Sidhe

" Just take that little voice in your head that tells you to be tactful and understanding and shoot it. Shoot it in the goddamn face. " - Kirito .. Message is brought to you by the Kirito is Always Right Foundation.

jamaisvu

If one wasn't involved with noble politics, would they have come into much contact with this plague? Since it seemed to be widespread, did they ever figure out what it was? What were the symptoms?

I'm really very curious about all of this! Thank you all for answering my questions!

onivel

jamaisvu Avatar
If one wasn't involved with noble politics, would they have come into much contact with this plague? Since it seemed to be widespread, did they ever figure out what it was? What were the symptoms?

I'm really very curious about all of this! Thank you all for answering my questions!

I cant be of much help on the plague issue as I was not much involved with that. Details of it are lost to the old forums. I would hazard to guess that anything of that nature would be known to have happened, though exact cause and cure may not be so to the common populous.

If one more involved in that plot could chime in, that would be helpful.

, do you remember much of the plot, how it ended and/or who ran it?

Oni

trylobyte

I want to say Nova ran it.  The plague was widespread and the city was virtually quarantined if I remember it right.

Here's the revived roleplaying thread, but it lacks the original details about the plague.  Maybe it'll jog some memories, though.